Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have searched this forum and other a few times but not sure im getting the right info. Looks like the continental tkc80 rear tire fits fine but the front is a bit tricker. I have read baout some people flipping a skinnier rear tire around? I want to buy a set of revzilla 110/80B19 Is this what others are running? Looks like i need also to convert to tubes?

Forgive me if i missed the posts regarding this issue
thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
Unless you have a Desert Sled or Cafe Racer Scrambler the front wheel on all the other models is an 18" and Continental AFAIK do not make an 18" TKC80.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K1W1 thanks for fast reply, this is what i thought as well. i have an icon and i see other people using them just not sure which ones therey using, but maybe theyre on a modified cafe racer?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do you want the knobbly tyre look or are you after something more street oriented. Continental make a TKC70 that will fit the front of an Icon but that is more a 80% road 20% dirt road type tyre.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually have a 120/70 17" front TKC80 chilling in my garage with minimal mileage if you're interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a total brain fart and forgot that all the Scramblers have bigger front wheels, not just the Desert Sled. Yeah, that definitely won't fit, sorry about that!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks like i can run a rear michelin annakee on the front, can i run a 170/60-17 on the rear instead of the 180/55-17 on the stock?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run a rear TKC80 with a tube on the front, it rubbed on the std fender so I fitter a desert sled high mount fender. This is best front tyre grips awesomely on tarseal and offroad. way better than the pirrelli's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts