Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the steering tube diameter and length is on a Scrambler Classic? I am looking to buy “slightly” damaged 2015 Classic which is listed in a local rag and I have am wondering if a front end off a 796 Monster would fit? This would mean I would get Showa forks and a front wheel with twin discs. Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Without dismantling my bike I don't know. But unless the yokes (triple trees) are damaged will the 796 forks fit into the Scrambler yokes? I measure the Scrambler fork tubes as 52mm dia at the bottom yoke and 51mm at the top yoke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek, thanks for that. The yokes are one thing, but the distance between the forks may also be a concern? I am thinking that because the Scrambler is made with one disk, maybe they have made the yokes on the Scrambler are narrower than the 796? Thanks very much for you help.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If it helps, the length of the Scrambler headstock is 195mm and the distance between the fork leg centres is 205mm. These are just measured with a steel rule and eyeball so not exact.
FWIW the fork centres on my SS 939 are the same as the Scrambler. Most, if not all current Ducatis use the same 25mm front axle and the wheels are to a large extent interchangeable. I'd be surprised if the Scrambler was significantly different.
I would be more concerned about the length of the forks on the 796. The ones on my SS look to be considerably shorter than those on the Scrambler.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
FWIW the fork centres on my SS 939 are the same as the Scrambler. Most, if not all current Ducatis use the same 25mm front axle and the wheels are to a large extent interchangeable. I'd be surprised if the Scrambler was significantly different.
I know for sure the Desert Sled and Diavel uses a much larger diameter axle than the other Scramblers. Quite an easy fix with spacers and bearings though and I forget the exact sizes but they are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts