Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the front indicators. I am fancying some retro ones but can’t see how to remove the indicators.
Anybody done this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
10 mm ring spanner and a hex key is all you need. When you've got the indicator off, just one (philips) screw to open the indicator lens and then just unplug the spade connectors to the bulb. Very easy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a bit fiddly but you don't have to take the headlight off. I think that's why I bought a set of short spanners.
10 mm ring spanner and a hex key is all you need. When you've got the indicator off, just one (philips) screw to open the indicator lens and then just unplug the spade connectors to the bulb. Very easy.
Are you talking about the 800 already done them. This is the 1100 they are not the same.
Come on Simon Skippy and the rest get taking the front indicators off then tell me how to do it.:3some::3some:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry - been busy last few weeks... so not spent much time on here..

Not sure how they come off... but may need to look soon if my dealer actually sends the sparts screen I ordered last June... seems they are now available as they are on ebay..

·
Registered
794 Posts
Are you talking about the 800 already done them. This is the 1100 they are not the same.
Come on Simon Skippy and the rest get taking the front indicators off then tell me how to do it.:3some::3some:
Lol! Can't help you there, no plans on changing the front indicators I'm afraid.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just have a look will you and see if you know how to get them off.
I would if I could but at the moment it's constantly raining along with some pretty strong winds blowing.
I do believe they are mounted the same way as in the rear, I don't know if this helps anything but after some Googling I found that they sell adapters to mount aftermarket turn signals that look to be the same front and rear.
It looks like there should be a single bolt holding them on from the back.

Adapter for LED turn signal Scrambler 1100

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s the slave that took the pictures of the Akra’s for everyone to see. In the real world we call it tit for tat or helping others out.
I have looked but I am stumped even phoned Ducati who couldn’t help.
Skippy the fronts and rears are different indicators and I just can’t find a fixing. They are nothing like the 800.

·
Registered
794 Posts
It’s the slave that took the pictures of the Akra’s for everyone to see. In the real world we call it tit for tat or helping others out. The link will open instruction pdf by New Rage Cycles.
Skippy the fronts and rears are different indicators and I just can’t find a fixing. They are nothing like the 800.
Found this. Basicly just pull the rubber boot.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.newragecycles.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/instructions/Ducati%20Scrambler%201100%20Front%20Turn%20Signals.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjTtY2pvKngAhWDJlAKHf7cDzgQFjAYegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0yT8KaOV3Zu5BGPJVoapVq

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks skippy will have a “pull” later. How do you find these things ? I’ve googled this thing to death and not found anything.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks skippy will have a “pull” later. How do you find these things ? I’ve googled this thing to death and not found anything.
Hahaha, it takes a lot of determination and imagination I guess. Using search words in different languages often help.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It’s the slave that took the pictures of the Akra’s for everyone to see. In the real world we call it tit for tat or helping others out.
I'll get my coat. :nonchalance:

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I remember correctly, the fronts have a bolt that screws into the indicators. You have to get behind them to put an Allen key on it to loosen. The backs are the same. Ducati sells a kit that is four nuts, four washers, and two adapter plates.

I had a pair of the scrambler led indicators I didn’t install on my 800, and used them for the front of the 1100. These led indicators came with several lengths of bolts. The bolt passed through the front of the led into the headlight housing and you use one nut/washer combo per side to tighten in place. Back is the same except you need the Adapter plate to have something firm to tighten down against. I think the adapter kit cost me $10 or so, and came with no instructions. The scrambler led kits are made for the 800 so the instructions were useless.

The hardest part was getting the rubber boot extensions out on the rear without damaging the plastic. It’s not very thick plastic and I didn’t want to deform it while getting the rubber piece out. Patience and a little forethought was all I needed.

Here’s a pic of the installed front, and two decent pics (before and after) of mounting the rear indicators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts