Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am I missing something obvious, other than fiddling a microfibre behind the grille to clean the front light, is there a quick release for the grille to allow cleaning?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nor sure about the factory one but the Evotech we have just required two screws to be undone and it comes off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nor sure about the factory one but the Evotech we have just required two screws to be undone and it comes off.
Thanks K1W1 the factory grille has 4 screws just seemed a bit overkill to remove them just to clean the light! I guess there is no hidden quick release.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks K1W1 the factory grille has 4 screws just seemed a bit overkill to remove them just to clean the light! I guess there is no hidden quick release.
Yes I'm sure the people who design some of these things don't actually ride or clean motorcycles. I could come up with a no tools removable mount in about 3 seconds.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Anyone with with sticky hands could steal it if you don’t require tools.

I just removed mine the day I got my bike.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anyone with with sticky hands could steal it if you don’t require tools.
Motorcyclists constantly repeat these stories are warnings but in reality very, very little stuff gets stolen from motorcycles. First of all the person doing the stealing would have to know exactly what parts were removable and how and secondly in the case of something like a headlight grill stealing the grill would mean the thief would only have the grill and not the mounting brackets. Would use would that be? If they were knowledgeable to know the part was removable they would also be knowledgeable enough to know that it would be useless unless complete.
You are far more likely to have a whole motorcycle stolen that you are to have parts stolen off a motorcycle that is parked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts