Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

As I am using my bike every day, whatever the weather, dry or wet, I've decided to install a front mudguard near the tyre.

Here are some pics to show how to do it. Next pics will come when I'll get screws and bolts and when the mounting paints will be dried.

The mudguard, still in its plastic protection and the "made in my garage" mountings

·
Registered
50 Posts
s-l200.jpg
hi vince I am doing same with a long alloy mudguard but using the two black clamp rings to go around d/sled forks then make a brace

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello

I'm interested to see your solution, when finished. I presume the black clamps will go at the bottom of the inner tubes of each leg ?
Don't forget we have an upside-down fork, nothing can be fixed on the outside tubes of each leg :)

My mounting will use :
- for the front mount, the inner bolt that holds the plastic protection of the fork
- for the rear mount, the outside bolt that holds the same protection.

Another more complex solution would be to make these protection in an alloy plate and fix an inverted U shape between both protections to hold the mudguard. I will do this if my current mounting doesn't resist.

But, I'd used the same "technology" (8 mm * 1 mm steel tube) to add some strength to my Classic mudguard and it worked. So, I'm confident.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That is brilliantly done. I must say it is very snug to the tyre.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes, I wouldn't have been happy with the mudguard quite so close.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Suddenly asking myself how hard it would be to adapt the front fender from a BMW G650Xcountry.... (has a 19" front wheel)

BMW G650X Country 07.jpg

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Suddenly asking myself how hard it would be to adapt the front fender from a BMW G650Xcountry.... (has a 19" front wheel)
Imho, it's a very good idea. As far as I can see, the front mounting point could be reused or maybe you just need to drill a new hole to match the fork hole. The rear mount need to be longer than the BMW mount because our fork hasn't got the mounting point above the brake calliper.

The main concern is about the distance between both fork legs, it must be the same than the BMW fork.

You will just miss the protection of the plastic tubes on the fork legs, except if you modify them a little bit.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello
Sorry it’s off topic but is that a comfort seat? New here and learning as much as possible. Thanks
Yes, it's the Ducati Comfort seat.
You need to be quite tall to touch the ground with this seat. I'm 1.85 m tall and my two feet touch the ground, just flat on the ground.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello

Maybe our legs length are not the same or... my English too bad to explain how I touch the ground when I'm on my bike.

I would say that my both feet can touch the ground at same time, being just flat on the ground. If I try to stand up in this position, my bottom is still touching the saddle.

On the Classic, my feet were firmly touching the ground at same time and, if I try to stand up, there was a large gap between my bottom and the saddle.

6 Posts
I like your fender! Good job. It's curious about your Comfort Seat, because everything says it won't fit our Desert Sleds, but you've proven they will. Good, because I can't move backwards on mine, and the stock seat pinches my front "nether-regions." Is your tank blaze stock, because it just pops with the stainless look! It looks awesome, and makes the tank look "less white." Mine tank blazing is much more dull and muted. OK, one more thing, has anyone tried extending the stock front fender, because the cylinder fins gets full of mud. I was hoping to find a fender extender, but just hate to drill holes in the plastic!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts