Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting a chunky front tyre and just been on the Pirelli website and they sell a 120/70 r18 for the front, do you think this would handle ok on the icon?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think it depends on what expectation, for what type of driving. Generally speaking, the more dirt oriented, the worse on the road. I love my scrambler for really decent road handling, and the "meh" handling off road.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look at the Avon Trail Rider---i put one on my Icon and lit looks good and handles better. The 110X18 front tire they show is tube type, but they have a tubless in the same size only call it a rear tire. Just turn the mounting arrow around and it works fine---just ask the ouside soles of my boots if they stick!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it depends on what expectation, for what type of driving. Generally speaking, the more dirt oriented, the worse on the road. I love my scrambler for really decent road handling, and the "meh" handling off road.
Sorry only just seen these answers! I love the mt60s but would like something a bit more chunky but don't really want to hurt the handling too much as I too love the current handling.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the Avon Trail Rider---i put one on my Icon and lit looks good and handles better. The 110X18 front tire they show is tube type, but they have a tubless in the same size only call it a rear tire. Just turn the mounting arrow around and it works fine---just ask the ouside soles of my boots if they stick!
Yes been looking at the Avon and they do look good and have a really good write up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts