Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my urban enduro since release in May 2015. I'm sure both my rims were black.

My back wheel rim is still black, but my front one has now got a kind of purple hue to it.

I also bought some cheap anodised shorty levers which were black, and they've change to a gold hue on the top. When I took them off today, underneath they are black and the hidden parts are black - suggesting the UV light has altered the dye on them. I looked into it and it usually happens with cheap dyes.

So, has anyone else front wheel changed colour like this too? Do we have some cheap dye in it?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That is what happens to anodized aluminium... they fade caused by UV from sunlight.

Look at wheels on an older BMW 1150GS Adventure....(or the hubs on a three year old mountainbike).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my urban enduro since release in May 2015. I'm sure both my rims were black.

My back wheel rim is still black, but my front one has now got a kind of purple hue to it.

I also bought some cheap anodised shorty levers which were black, and they've change to a gold hue on the top. When I took them off today, underneath they are black and the hidden parts are black - suggesting the UV light has altered the dye on them. I looked into it and it usually happens with cheap dyes.

So, has anyone else front wheel changed colour like this too? Do we have some cheap dye in it?
I bought my '16 UE new in December of '16, and it is parked in my home garage or parking garage at work. Do you park outside normally? Do you commute every day on the bike?

I ride 3-4 times a week and commute once per week on the Scrambler. I have experienced no fading of any kind.
4.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts