Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'll be using the Scrambler at the Midgie Mash but taking the MTS to the Highland Fling, it's at Drumnadrochit this year. Have you lot got anything planned for Aberchalder this year?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Please tell us more Derek , Aberchalder ??
One of the multistrada.net members works for Aberchalder estate at Loch Oich in the Great Glen. For the past 2 or 3 years he has arranged for a group of MTS enthusiasts, led by Carole, to stay in a farmhouse on the estate or a week and have biking forays over the highland roads. I first met them a couple of years ago when I was at a Scottish Ducati Club event at Drumnadrochit and we had arranged a meet up. Last year I joined them for a couple of days. A bit off topic aren't we? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
776 Posts
My bike was meant to arrive at the dealers today. :)

It didn't :(

Could be Monday though :)
There is a consignment of 13 bikes heading for Ducati Glasgow. They were supposed to ring me back to confirm that my bike is in it. They didn't. :( Which probably means they forgot :mad:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Funny, I was just wondering if you had heard anything. I was on the phone to Harry a couple of days ago for parts and there was no word. Blair and Martin were in Spain for a few days 'training' last week.
I've been saving up for years and still can't buy a job like theirs.
Yes, Last week they were off playing with the 1299 Panagale. :rolleyes:
I think I might have mentioned already that when I last called, a week past Tuesday, Kerrie told me mine was in the build at the factory and was expected in about a couple of weeks. She even gave me a reg. no. My insurance is due next Tuesday and I wanted to get the Scrambler covered so I called on Thursday for any news. Blair was with someone, Kerrie was on a phone call. Tracy told me there were 13 bikes on their way but didn't know if mine was among them. She said that Kerrie would call me back and let me know. I'm still waiting. You're right about DG and communications. :confused:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well I got hold of Blair at DG today. There are 2 Classics in this consignment and my bike isn't one of them :(
It seems that I am no. 4 on their list for a Classic so I'll have to wait for the next consignment which he hopes will be before the end of the month. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Not a sausage, I was just reading your last post and did wonder.
Noticed you said 'You got a hold of Blair' rather than Blair got a hold of you.
I did say to my wife a phone call would be nice. I bet they won't be long asking for payment when the time comes though.
Indeed. He did apologise for not having called me back, despite having half of Thursday, and all of Friday and Saturday to do so. I've never really dealt with their sales before and now see the relevance of your earlier point about communication not being their strong point.
Harry in the parts dept. on the other hand is great to deal with and has only let me down once when he forgot to post something.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've come to the conclusion mine is not at or near Glasgow. I conclude that no phone call = no bike. Maybe the second wave like yours ?
I think you'll be right there Hui. The bikes should be with them this week if they're not there already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.