Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Instrument Panel/Dashboard LCD screen for all 2016 to 2018 Scrambler 400 and 800 models. $825. PM if interested. Local pick up in San Francisco preferred.

scrinstrumentpanel (1)a.jpg
scrinstrumentpanel (2)a.jpg
scrinstrumentpanel1a.jpg

·
Registered
890 Posts
Exactly how will this work on the pre update (2019) models? On a 2016 for example is there a gear position signal sent from somewhere to the dash? Can the fuel tank float report the level of fuel to the dash?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You're not going to see those if they were not on your original display. You should refer the part number to your local dealer for your specific application.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You're not going to see those if they were not on your original display. You should refer the part number to your local dealer for your specific application.
So really you should change the heading. It is not for all 2016 - 2018 Scramblers at all it is only for the 2019 or newer ones.
It may not even work at all if it is fitted to an earlier Scrambler. Have you confirmed whether it will by actually trying it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do appreciate your efforts to clarify. However, the Instrument Panel Dashboard LCD Display above is for a 2016 to 2018 MY. So, really you should always consider a part number first for a proper guide to fitment and/or consult your local dealer's parts department. They are there to help you (and collect money). Even without being powered up, the differences in the Displays are apparent. Unlike earlier MYs, the 2019 and newer have a different bezel design pattern and a new outline template to accommodate a fuel gauge at the top and the clock on the bottom. Some of the systems check indicator lamps (beam, low fuel, oil, engine) are in completely different locations around the lower half of the bezel. The fuel gauge and gear position indicator weren't available until 2019 as far as I know -so, not sure what 2016-2018 Scrambler variant you have, but the Instrument Panel Dashboard listed above is not going to display either of those because it's not for a 2019 or newer. This is a brand new factory replacement part -There's no need to test it for capabilities outside of it's intended functions when it's obvious it isn't for it.

If anyone else is interested, please PM me. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts