Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove the rear wheel from my '18 Full Throttle for the first time.
I must be missing something, but I had to remove the valve stem to totally deflate the tire to get it past the swingarm's cast-in tire-hugger license plate mounting boss. I also ended up putting a couple of scratches in the wheel's paint trying to get it around this mounting boss.
I have already mounted up the Ducati optional rear fender, and am about to mount up the Competition Werks rear license plate relocation mount.
If this mount continues to interfere with R&R of the wheel, then I'm going to cut off that mounting boss.
Has anyone else had rear wheel R&R issues like this?
Has anyone else cut off their mounting boss? If so, how close to the swingarm's casting can you safely cut? (completely flush?)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I’m assuming the manual wants you to lift the bike up further (so you can drop the wheel down instead of backwards), or temporarily remove the license plate bracket...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the Abba frame lift, that came recommended by other Scrambler owners, so I assume it does lift the bike up enough where the wheel drops down before rolling back. (and removing the that tire-hugger plate/arm assembly was the first thing I did).
I have ordered a Shop Manual on CD, but, it's going to take over 1/2-month to here from across the pond...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts