Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm JavyO from the Philippines. I have been a lurker for quite awhile now.

I have been scouring the net trying to find a way to make the FT Termis 'noisier' but have always come up short. I did some wrenching, and apparently, there are DB Killers hidden in the 'Shotgun' exhaust pipes of the Termis. All you need is a couple of allen wrenches and you're good. What you may have to do tho, is to make a bracket to secure the pipe cover to the CAT, since it was the DBKillers which held unto the CAT pipes.

There is a sound improvement, most especially in the lower decibels, but it is still tame compared to a Zard or Akra.

See attached Images.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the built in catalyst of the FT termi is what really cuts the decibels. It's a shame because I love the look of it more than any other exhaust available for the Scrambler. I've thought about trying to make a pipe to eliminate the cat and retain the "shotgun" cans and shield, but it would be difficult to get it all aligned correctly.

Maybe we could inspire an exhaust manufacturer to bring something like that to market? Seems like it would be easy to manufacture once the initial r&d is done as no db killer would be necessary in the pipe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it will be to loud with a connecting pipe without cat, but you are correct that the cat must be removed. I took both mufflers of and the "noice" was'nt enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts