Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just picked up my Scrambler Icon today. Having a ton of fun running it in.

Any idea on what to expect for average fuel consumption?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm doing 210 till 220 kms till empty tank. First service not done yet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm getting the same. Fuel light on at 118 - 123 miles, approx 55mpg imperial.
I was surprised to see that once the light comes on the display starts to count miles from the fuel light on. I can't really see the point of this. Unless you run it until the fuel runs out then you'll know not to go that far again :confused5:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I noticed that my mpg improved with each fill-up from new to 1st service.

It is now about 50 mpg (US gallons).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Been getting about the same as everyone else possibly just a tad lower due to the CARB emissions regulations in our state. But definitely at least 45mpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think the zero trip thing when the fuel lit comes on is a great idea! If you don't notice the light, easy in bright sunlight, you'll have no idea how long it's been on for :) When you refil you get the trip reading back anyway ;-)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm getting about 58-60 mpg - I don't ride it like a granny honest, I got up to 110mph today - accidentally!! :angel4: and did about 180 miles in the twisty hilly Welsh mountains. I have got 165 out of it before refuelling, and had 1 litre left. So I reckon pushing it I could get about 175 miles on one tank ... :toothy4:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I managed 165miles and it spluttered to a halt (fortunately within a stones throw of my local garage) and put exactly 3 gallon back in to fill it to the brim = 55mpg - mixed town and countryside riding (no motorways) and not paying any attention to trying to ride it economically but at the same time not wringing the neck out of it - Happy with that - Generally I always look to refuel around 125mile mark which is about the time the light comes on

·
Registered
589 Posts
On our planned Morocco trip next year I'll have the smallest tank. I'll be carrying some spare fuel I think! I'll post up if consumption improves with the new gearing ;-)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just completed 2nd tank. Had filled it up to top and got 124 miles before fuel light came on. Considering I run it hard I am happy with that while it runs in

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine must be shockingly low... Fuel light comes on at 100/102 miles! Filled up twice now and both times the light has come on around the 100 mile mark.

Is there a display on the dash for average MPG?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Mines the same tony, I generally fill up around the 100 mile mark anyway,

I've not found an average MPG Calculation on the dash, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
So my guess is when the fuel light comes on you've done around 10Litres of fuel?

I've decided that when on longer runs if I start looking for petrol stations around the 90 mile mark I should be fine :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts