Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel gauge on my 2019 Icon just froze at 3/4 of a tank. While I suppose this could mean that the bike has stopped using fuel, I'll have 3/4 of a tank... forever... and will never need to buy gas again, I suspect otherwise :02.47-tranquillity: I'm guessing that whatever they use for a transducer got detached from the float. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The fuel gauge on my 2019 Icon just froze at 3/4 of a tank. While I suppose this could mean that the bike has stopped using fuel, I'll have 3/4 of a tank... forever... and will never need to buy gas again, I suspect otherwise :02.47-tranquillity: I'm guessing that whatever they use for a transducer got detached from the float. Has anyone else had this problem?
Happends to me everytime just unplugged the cable sticked on the left side of the tank and plug it again with the bike off and without the key and it fix the problem

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happends to me everytime just unplugged the cable sticked on the left side of the tank and plug it again with the bike off and without the key and it fix the problem
Nope, didn't work. The sensor or transducer must be stuck.

On the other hand, I've been riding for 35 years without a fuel gauge. A few more months before I bring the bike in for its 7000 mile service is no big deal :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
My fuel gauge has always been my trip odometer. Always works too :shrug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now, suddenly, the gauge has stared working again! How strange. Was the float merely stuck for a day, or was this some welcome expression of the romance that is Italy? Life is full of mysteries. Vroom! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's strange how our minds operate. If the gauge wasn't there, I'd hardly miss it. It's not as if any moto during my first 30 years of riding had a fuel gauge ("When I was your age, we had to walk ten miles through the snow to find out how much fuel we had! And we had to make our own feet! Out of snow!") But if I have one, it would bug me if it didn't work. Go figure...

I did turn off the neat self-canceling turn signal feature that comes on the 2019 bikes, since I felt it was a decadent luxury ("When I was your age, we had to walk ten miles through the snow to cancel our... wait... I think I already used that line..." :) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts