Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this month's Motorcycle Sport and Leisure.
They are long term testing the Scrambler.
I read that it doesn't have a fuel gauge?
Is this correct. I had no idea.
Can something be fitted?
How do current owners manage this?

·
Registered
941 Posts
When I test rode the bike needed fuel. Mike pointed to a number on the gauge which he says counts up to tell you how many miles you have done once fuel light? comes on. I think I will aim to fill up every 125 miles from what others say

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was reading this month's Motorcycle Sport and Leisure.
They are long term testing the Scrambler.
I read that it doesn't have a fuel gauge?
Is this correct. I had no idea.
Can something be fitted?
How do current owners manage this?
Back to basics, we never had a gauge in the good old days. If you run out of fuel the saving grace is you won't do it again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes,
When I test rode the bike needed fuel. Mike pointed to a number on the gauge which he says counts up to tell you how many miles you have done once fuel light? comes on. I think I will aim to fill up every 125 miles from what others say
Ah yes, I remember Mike saying something but I was too eager to test ride, so didn't really listen to him. I also only intended a 1/2 hour test ride but that rolled into a good hour as I was having so much fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No petcock, No reserve with EFI. BTW no Ethanol above 10% (E10).In The States,they're pushing E20. Luckily, I live in a Seaport where though its 30% costlier, I have easy access to non ethanol that I use in all my air cooled engines. On a long hall where you burn through a tank fast it won't hurt, but never let E10 sit, it soaks up water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts