Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What grade of fuel is everyone using?

I read in the manual 95-98 RON, and have done 350 miles so far on standard 95ron fuel but tanked up last night with 97 (esso) and will aim to use 98 shell etc for the next 5 or so tank fulls to see if any difference.

Anybody have any opinions, preferences, noticed any differences, more power, more MPG, smoother running engine etc..

Or is it not something your bothered about etc. ?

:happy7:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Increased octane does not mean more power. It enables the engine to run at a higher compression without knocking. Running a higher octane than the engine requires is just a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I've switched to running Shell V Nitro diesel in my car and the performance difference is huge. Plus I'm getting approximately 100 miles more per tank.

I tend to fill my bikes up alternatively with normal and premium unleaded .

·
Registered
146 Posts
I always try to buy fuel at busy stations so it's as fresh as possible then use it up as soon as possible. If leaving standing without use for more than a month will drain off old fuel and use in garden machinery 4 strokes. Don't know if it makes a difference but it is a habit I got into following some advice from a long forgotten source.

·
Registered
146 Posts
really miss the ducati dry clutch noise, it's part of the Ducati character I miss. Don't miss the heavy lever it had. The scrambler clutch is so light, often hold clutch and stay in gear at lights. Never done that on a Ducati for as long as I remember.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.