Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
1,565 Posts
He said air was exting from external pipe.... May be it ventilates vapour outside as well. Will revert next refill
You can get valves 'pvv' pressure vacuum vent that vent vapour both ways but not so much on modern vehicles as they need to vent through charcoal filter or re-burn and not to atmosphere. Anyway, I'm sure they've got it sussed out. I hope.

· Registered
25 Posts
today at 1st service, they blown compressed air into the small hole in the middle of the two nuts on the left. here is picture, you can see it on left (gold spot)

this is the tank breather.

Hi Hedo. Mine seems ok. Just some little difficult when i close it. Anyway, I would ask you, how much did you pay for your 1st service? I reserved my first service for 200,00 euros... (that seems too expensive)

· Registered
219 Posts
You say they blew through the hole with an air compressor.. but isn't the hole supposed to pass air the other way (suction?) Have you tried to trace the mechanical valves in the circuit yourself? I'm curious if someone simply installed a one-way valve in the wrong direction or something..

· Registered
1,565 Posts
You say they blew through the hole with an air compressor.. but isn't the hole supposed to pass air the other way (suction?) Have you tried to trace the mechanical valves in the circuit yourself? I'm curious if someone simply installed a one-way valve in the wrong direction or something..
That's what I said a while back, blowing air the wrong way could actually make it worse if it's the valve ball that's stuck. Or, like you say, it could be the valve in the wrong way round which takes a bit of care when investigating due to springs and wee balls flying out.

· Registered
60 Posts
I went to the dealer today - he was surprised when I showed him the suction that was under the cap when I lifted it. I suspect that this vacuum is also responsible for the stalling that I experience sometimes when downshifting and blipping the throttle.

They took the bike in to the workshop and said they cleared out the relief tube. Will see what happens...

· Registered
219 Posts
It might be part of the problem? My bike has zero suction when I open the fuel tank, even when it's low. I removed the evap canister and my gas tank vent line just hangs down to open air. Perhaps trace that hose (if you have one) and see what they did at the end of it in terms of a ball valve or whatnot.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts