Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum and quite surprised on the amount of info I found here.

So after a year of trying to get the wife to ride with me on a regular basis on the Speciale, I had to recognize that that's a one-person bike. So we just ordered a 2019 FT.

First mod will be the SC-Project full exhaust system. Quite different than the usual due to entirely different headers.
Full Exhaust System 2-1

Does anyone have this exhaust setup? If so, did you need a remap of the SC-Project AFM power unit did the trick? If a remap is needed I believe the Rexxer would be the way to go, right?

If I want to change the air filter later, does Rexxer provide the support to change the mapping?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't have that setup but I do have the Akrapovic titanium full system. You will need to adjust the fuelling. On my first Scrambler, just fitting the SC Project Conic end can resulted in horrible fuelling and the bike feeling and sounding terrible.

The AFM unit should do the trick but it's not the best way. Proper new map to match your setup with a Rexxer unit would better unleash the benefits of a full system. Even better, a tuner with a Rexxer unit and a rolling road could create a custom map for you.
If you add the air filter later on, you'd be better off getting the re-mapping done again to match. Cost of that will depend on where you had it done first. As the main cost of the remap is the Rexxer license, which you only need to buy once.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Proper new map to match your setup with a Rexxer unit would better unleash the benefits of a full system.
So I just going to have to get this done...
What about the Booster Plug?!
BoosterPlug DUCATI Scrambler (800cc) (2017 and newer)

If you add the air filter later on, you'd be better off getting the re-mapping done again to match. Cost of that will depend on where you had it done first. As the main cost of the remap is the Rexxer license, which you only need to buy once.
Yeah, I guess it's obvious that if I ask them for a different map they would charge me for it...
I think I'll wait until warranty is over so that after that I can upgrade the air filter to the MWR power up kit.
In the meanwhile, any air filters suggestions that would work better than the stock one? K&N, BMC?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On an unrelated subject...
Can somebody tell me the licence plate support screws diameter? M8? M10?
I'm talking about the two screws that hold the support in the swingarm.

·
Registered
771 Posts
So I just going to have to get this done...
What about the Booster Plug?!
BoosterPlug DUCATI Scrambler (800cc) (2017 and newer)

Yeah, I guess it's obvious that if I ask them for a different map they would charge me for it...
I think I'll wait until warranty is over so that after that I can upgrade the air filter to the MWR power up kit.
In the meanwhile, any air filters suggestions that would work better than the stock one? K&N, BMC?
I don't like the idea of the booster plug. All it does is trick your bike's ambient temperature sensor, so it thinks it's really cold outside and richens up the fuel mixture. Lots of people report it works fine and maybe it does but it's still a 'bodge' and I actually like using my temperature reading in the clocks, which is no longer correct with the booster plug setting it artificially lower.

Before you jump into the MWR power up kit, look at the dyno graphs and how it affects the power developed by the bike. Someone who experimented with it on the forum unleashed a lot more midrange torque but at the expense of power at high RPMs. One of the appeals of the Srambler is that it has a very linear power curve, pulls nice and consistently from low to high revs. Drastically altering the airbox will change that... personal preference though.

Personally, I'd stick to just a slightly more free flowing filter from the likes of K&N or BMC. You'll get a little more induction noise, a little more performance but won't drastically change the character of the bike, just enhance it.
I'd highly recommend doing the exhaust + remap, losing the cat and remapping really improves the throttle feel and how the bike responds. The stock airbox isn't really that bad, so I'd say is less important.

The Scrambler is quick but it's never going to be mega fast. So improving the responsiveness of the bike seems a better goal to me, than outright power. Just enhance what's already there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of people report it works fine and maybe it does but it's still a 'bodge' and I actually like using my temperature reading in the clocks, which is no longer correct with the booster plug setting it artificially lower.
So do I...

Before you jump into the MWR power up kit, look at the dyno graphs and how it affects the power developed by the bike.
Will do, thanks.

Personally, I'd stick to just a slightly more free flowing filter from the likes of K&N or BMC. I'd highly recommend doing the exhaust + remap, losing the cat and remapping really improves the throttle feel and how the bike responds.
That's what I'll be doing immediately and probably end up with.

The Scrambler is quick but it's never going to be mega fast.
Enough speed tickets on the V4 already... :apologetic: :disturbed:

Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts