Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Full Throttle Handlebars - noticed something queer

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Slaine 
#1 ·
I just noticed something queer with the way the FT handlebars mount.
Refer to post 121 in thread "I have put a deposit down on a Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle". It shows a picture of Francis with his new FT. and you can see the handlebar clamps.
I have an Icon and have the FT Handlebars on order - my dealer has already told me they come with the new clamps which I assumed would be the same arrangement as my Icon except the new clamps would be able to grip the fatter bar. By "same arrangement" I mean the bottom part of the clamp would incorporate the arm that mounts the Speedo/Tacho and the top clamp would bolt to the bottom clamp just like the Icon.
NOT SO - looking at the picture referenced above. The bottom part appears to be the same part used on the Icon but they have added a new top and bottom clamp on top of that - so its now 3 parts. This means the new bottom clamp would have a convex bit to fit where the 7/8 Icon bars came out of. But, I cant see that in the photo.
Am I having a seniors moment or have they just added what we would call an "adaptor" for the fat bars.
Could someone with a FT please take a close up photo so I can work this out please.
Let The Good Times Roll - Ray.

See less See more
#2 ·
May have answered my own question
On closer inspection of the photo of the bottom clamp bit, that looks like 2 bits, is in fact only 1 bit - the 2 different colours and casting finishes makes it look like 2 bits.
I thinks that's right ?
My dealer has got no F...... idea when my FT bars will arrive - I am giving them until the end of April to get them or a definite delivery date - if not - then I will just buy some aftermarket ones.
Let The Good Times Roll - Ray.

#4 ·
Hey. I'm new. I bought an Icon but think the motocross bars are a freaking joke. You don't put motocross bars on a 400-lb 2-cyl bike. Upright bars are great. But these things are stupid. I will get something more swept back wherever i can.

Also, How do you post something out of the blue, instead of as a response? I looked all over the site but there's no "post" icon r whatever.

Love the Scrambler. But the handlebars are just wrong!

#11 ·
I wonder if the right bottom riser could be swopped over to the left ?
That would throw the clock to the centre instead of out to the right. It would cover the ignition switch but I'm wanting to either move the ignition or make it keyless anyway. This question applies to all Scramblers not just the Full Throttle if anyone can have a wee look.
I know the top clamp is bridged from the photos.

#12 ·
I wonder if the right bottom riser could be swopped over to the left ?
That would throw the clock to the centre instead of out to the right. It would cover the ignition switch but I'm wanting to either move the ignition or make it keyless anyway. This question applies to all Scramblers not just the Full Throttle if anyone can have a wee look.
I know the top clamp is bridged from the photos.
It possibly may foul the headlight casting but interesting idea. Not for me though as I like it offset.

#14 ·
Should be with the dealer in the next week, I can't take delivery until after the 1st May as I'm delivering one of my other bikes to the new owner and then swapping the Scrambler onto this insurance policy. I've added the saddlebags to the bike as well ;-) It'd be interesting if you can move the risers over, it might make fitting a small fly screen easier?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.