Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get my Scrambler in a couple of weeks.
Wanted an FT then switched to a Red Icon.
Been to the dealer today and as they had an FT in with no owner I've snapped it up.

I know taste is individual but I don't actually like the yellow panels on the seat. But, I do like the seat otherwise compared to the Icon version.

The classis/urban seat is amazing but only comes in brown.

So, is there a way to permanently black out the yellow side panels OR change the classic brown seat to Black?
The 1st option is preferable as I wouldn't need to buy another seat.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Simon

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tape it off and try black Plasti-dip or equivalent where you are. I used it on another bike seat and it is still holding up well 3 years later.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have one on my Icon. It doesn't match 62 yellow I accept but no insults so far and don't care anyhow because it was all part of the big plan. Its my Solo seat only unless an emergency run. What I would honestly do if I was you is whilst its still fresh and unused is take it to an upholsterer and get it un-stapled and unstitched with new colour whether be white or black or matte black or even suede effect like the top. It wont cost a fortune but I wouldn't be messing around with dyes or cans or pens whether they claim to be brilliant or not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tape it off and try black Plasti-dip or equivalent where you are. I used it on another bike seat and it is still holding up well 3 years later.
I can get plasti-dip. Did you spray or brush it on?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I sprayed it on. Several coats so that a fairly thick layer was created. The good part about plasti-dip is if you don't like it, you can peel it right off of most surfaces. I like it because I can try out a new color without investing more than $7. If I like it, then I can peel it off and paint it. If I don't, peel it off and try another color. You can order many colors online.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I thought that looked pretty rubbish (I'm just taking about the finish and not the crappy seat which you'd have thought they'd have tried ton rectify first anyway).

You get what you pay for in this world.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used leather stain before with great success. I changed an old hunter green leather seat into black. It worked really well and I was very happy with it. Just have to make sure you clean the seat well before staining and accept that there is no going back once you start. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts