Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a deal on a 2015 Full Throttle seat. I have a 2019 FT. The color scheme is a perfect match. Is there any reason why the old seat wouldn't fit?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was told by the local Ducati dealer that the only Scrambler with a different seat is the Desert Sled. All other are interchangeable. I can’t vouch for that being accurate but I know we have a FTP seat on a Full Throttle and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I went to check out the seat and the only way it would fit is if I took off both side panels (the one in my profile pic) which I'm not willing to do. AND, even if I did, the older seat had more curve on the sides, so I'm not even sure that taking of those side panels would work. Max, I think you're right, that any of the Scramblers with side panels would be interchangeable, but not Scramblers seats from bikes without.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cwitters, I get the impression that you could put the newer seat on the old bike, but not vice versa. I don't know that for sure though. I just know that the older FT seat would not fit on the new FT because of the side panels.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Plenty of aftermarket side panels available.
The new seat matches the setup of a lot of aftermarket seats that require owners of older bikes buy the panels to cover up more of the bike.

I actually want a 2019 FT seat for my 2015 Icon, if you're hoping to get rid of it at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts