Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first contact with Ducati, originally intended to find a café style motorcycle,

update 2017/11/11

0.jpg

But in 2016, there was no scrambler caféracer,
So I bought the full throttle,
I think about how to make a small change in the shape of a motorcycle, based on the consideration of "money",
I've been searching the internet for a long time, thanks to "Star Twin" for giving me a lot of help,
So I slowly buy some parts to meet their desire to refit!
1.jpg

I bought some original accessories first, and then in 2017 years came the Caféracer model,
Let me like it very much, but I don't want to sell the motorcycle now!
So I started the idea of full throttle makeover caféracer,
I began to order the Caféracer parts, this process is really interesting!
But now I'm worried that remove fuel pump flange difficulty.
I want to record these processes here.

Additional instructions, the following replacement, because Taiwan Ducati is very expensive, so I purchased parts after replacement, for me the sense of achievement and value will be more fun than the transfer.
If your country Ducati not as expensive as Taiwan, don't do it like me!! You might be treated like an idiot who spends money.

Course
1. Add tail
I began to remove the original travel bag, and removed the rear direction light.
Install the original parts and stickers
2.jpg

Oh, yes, you can see a camera on the tail ~ this is a traffic recorder.
3.jpg

2. Replace the rearview mirror
4.jpg

3. Then look at the monotonous lights ... Maybe it's time to make some changes.
5.jpg

Remove the original lampshade before you can install it.
6.jpg

7.jpg

The Yellow Dome (headlight fairing), when I change to Cafe style, will change his color

4. Next, it's time to keep adding some parts ... >< money is never enough
8.jpg

9.jpg

....Because an article only allows me to upload 10 pictures,
I might want to find another place.

Use the holiday to do some work,
Let's change the fuel tank! This action a lot of people are asking, maybe I have another note.

Even the pump are removed and replaced on the new tank.

You can change from the old tank to the new tank,
Looks like a picture underneath.

PS: Before filling the tank, add some gas, test whether it will leak

Then wash dirty hands ... Put on a nice sticker

I finished the tyre replacement and installed the TPMS inside the tyre.
There are many parts installed on the motorcycle.
Take photos later.

I couldn't find the right time to take pictures,
A little test today, very very good ride

To be Continued ...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Adding all those new parts to a FT, surely it would have been cheaper to just sell the bike and buy the Cafe Racer version?
The Cafe Racer comes with different front suspension to account for the smaller 17" wheel. Do you plan on modifying the existing front forks?

I highly recommend changing the standard tyres to something like Pirelli Angel GT or Metzler Z8. The bike handles so much better!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Maybe it's an illusion but it looks like your front wheel is touching the floor when the rear is lifted by the centre lift in your 1st photo, is it deliberate ?
There is adjustment for the horizontal plane if required.
I have a feeling you're going to have ABS/speedo problems by changing to a 17" front wheel, I've tried it, all be it a 17" from a Sled 19"
The ABS lamp comes on and the speedo reads zero.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adding all those new parts to a FT, surely it would have been cheaper to just sell the bike and buy the Cafe Racer version?
The Cafe Racer comes with different front suspension to account for the smaller 17" wheel. Do you plan on modifying the existing front forks?

I highly recommend changing the standard tyres to something like Pirelli Angel GT or Metzler Z8. The bike handles so much better!
In Taiwan, Ducati is very expensive. Probably the most expensive in the world!!
The Scrambler is about NT $650000, and the conversion is about $213395 ...
So the cost of conversion will be cheaper than cafe racer.
I'm not going to modify the front fork, and wait for my 17 "wheel box to go up after trying to look at ~
The S21 of Bridgestone has now been ordered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it's an illusion but it looks like your front wheel is touching the floor when the rear is lifted by the centre lift in your 1st photo, is it deliberate ?
There is adjustment for the horizontal plane if required.
I have a feeling you're going to have ABS/speedo problems by changing to a 17" front wheel, I've tried it, all be it a 17" from a Sled 19"
The ABS lamp comes on and the speedo reads zero.
This lifting machine can lift the entire motorcycle,
Change 17 "There will be abs problem, God AH ~ I never thought of this problem ...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
This lifting machine can lift the entire motorcycle,
Change 17 "There will be abs problem, God AH ~ I never thought of this problem ...
Yes, I realise that because I have three of these lifts, I was only wondering why your front wheel looks like it's on the floor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been a long time, and there's good news for you.
My car has finished 17 "front wheel replacement,
17 "The wheel circle does not cause the ABS lamp unusual, this makes me quite happy."
I'll put a picture on it sometime.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It's been a long time, and there's good news for you.
My car has finished 17 "front wheel replacement,
17 "The wheel circle does not cause the ABS lamp unusual, this makes me quite happy."
I'll put a picture on it sometime.
Your car ??
Car's are a different scenario as the tyre profile can be chosen to suit different rolling diameters to match front to rear.

I've already tried a 17" front wheel, all be it on a Sled which has a 19" so the difference is greater but it did light up the ABS lamp and the speedo read zero.
There could be a couple of answers to this which I didn't try to figure out as it was just a quick experiment.
1; maybe the air gap at the exciter ring was too great
2; rolling diameter was too great
I should have checked and set the air gap at the time but it was all ok for a few miles so discounted that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry~ I did not check the text carefully, please forgive my mother tongue is not English~

I'm currently using Bridgestone's S21, I've calculated the size of the tires,
Original size 110/80 18 ", replaced by 120/70 17"
The tyre size difference is 633.2 mm-599.8 mm = 33.4mm
With the original speed error value of 5.27%
I'm not sure how many more errors will be added when the tires are worn out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts