Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my UE the sales guy told me that if the gas tank light comes on I have to fill up the tank or else it won't start again after I turn it off. Given the tank is 3.6 gallons and the light comes on with 1 gallon left, that seems pretty odd to me. My guess is the salesperson gave me bad information but wanted to check here before I completely ignore him :)

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
When I picked up my UE the sales guy told me that if the gas tank light comes on I have to fill up the tank or else it won't start again after I turn it off. Given the tank is 3.6 gallons and the light comes on with 1 gallon left, that seems pretty odd to me. My guess is the salesperson gave me bad information but wanted to check here before I completely ignore him :)

Thanks,
Dustin
?????

Jeez, salesmen are all cut from the same cloth, it seems. Please feel free to ignore this (along with any other thing he might have told you).

When the light comes on, it's just telling you that you have hit the "reserve" level . The total fuel capacity is 3.6 gallons, with reserve being .6 gallons. When the light comes on you have .6 gallons of fuel left - the only way the bike will not start is if you exceed that. :02.47-tranquillity:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figures . . . :) One customer probably ran it to empty and then told the dealer it wouldn't start after the light came on. Next thing you know they are telling their customers inaccurate information.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Thanks,
Dustin
I'm not sure if the light comes on when you have exactly .6 gallons left - I've had slightly differing amounts when mine has come on. Some people I have read it comes on at 110miles, at my last fill up it came on at 146 miles and I had 3 litres still in it when I filled it (but I've also had more, and less than that). I have also ridden 30 miles with the fuel light on, and still had some left when I fuelled!

Your dealer obviously means that if you let it run out it won't start again, but he didn't explain it very well o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts