Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, promised to put a little post of the install of my gear indicator. The installation was done by my dealer together with the first service. Told him I didnt wanna have the Indicator to much in the line of sight for optical reasons, I want to keep the bike nice and clean.
So he installed it on the frame. Don't know what to think of it but where to otherwise...?

thumb_IMG_1853_1024.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm thinking of having one of those too, not sure about that location but as you say there aren't many places it could naturally go - I wanted it next to the dial but don't think it can go there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey guys, promised to put a little post of the install of my gear indicator. The installation was done by my dealer together with the first service. Told him I didnt wanna have the Indicator to much in the line of sight for optical reasons, I want to keep the bike nice and clean.
So he installed it on the frame. Don't know what to think of it but where to otherwise...?

View attachment 1113
Chris
Is you indicator working properly? Is it GPDS-D02-Red C08 ? I have had mine installed and it did not work. They sent me a second unit and I still am having problems. Do you have standard exhaust? I have high termi with an upmap key and am wondering if that might be causing the issue.
Thanks
Steve

BTW: I attached the new unit to the side of my brake reservoir. I really like it there. If only it worked correctly!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Maybe on the next model year they'll include one. I find myself as well looking for seventh too frequently, have gotten in the habit of counting in my head now and also looking at the speed/revs as well in 6th.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe on the next model year they'll include one. I find myself as well looking for seventh too frequently, have gotten in the habit of counting in my head now and also looking at the speed/revs as well in 6th.
5 and 6 is so short i'm always mistaken there. If i'm in 6th I wanna go 7 and when im in 5 im counting down from 6 and find myself shifting down to 1th doing 30km/h :rolleyes::oops:. I need a gear indicator can not do without!

·
Registered
965 Posts
5 and 6 is so short i'm always mistaken there. If i'm in 6th I wanna go 7 and when im in 5 im counting down from 6 and find myself shifting down to 1th doing 30km/h :rolleyes::oops:. I need a gear indicator can not do without!
I think after seeing this thread I may look into one to add as well. I've had them on so many others that you get spoiled for sure when its missing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Chris
Is you indicator working properly? Is it GPDS-D02-Red C08 ? I have had mine installed and it did not work. They sent me a second unit and I still am having problems. Do you have standard exhaust? I have high termi with an upmap key and am wondering if that might be causing the issue.
Thanks
Steve

BTW: I attached the new unit to the side of my brake reservoir. I really like it there. If only it worked correctly!!
Indeed its not doing 100% what it should I have noticed today :confused:. I'm gonna contact my dealer about this!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brand and make: Its saying Heal Tech, DS-series.

Didn't get the box or something. Just got it installed. :oops:

But wait with buying it. Its not working 100%. I'll keep u informed!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Indeed its not doing 100% what it should I have noticed today :confused:. I'm gonna contact my dealer about this!

Brand and make: Its saying Heal Tech, DS-series. Didn't get the box or something. Just got it installed. :oops:
I have the same model with the newest firmware. Mine shows the digit (gear #) and then it turns into a dash "-". I have been working with heattech( the manufacturer) and they don't have a good handle on it yet. They are very responsive and are really trying to help. The software developer is Norbert and he believes he will need to add some coding.

I have had this same unit(different firmware) on my SF848 and it was very helpful or reassuring when coming into fast turns etc. The scrambler is a much more forgiving bike and I find it is not really important to have the indicator. It would be nice but you can put this bike into 4th gear and it still pulls well from 15+ MPH. If you need to debug it and want to see which firmware that is installed, you must do a reset and then repeat the process (turn power on and off 6 times) again. It will then read C** My firmware(8) reads C08. After viewing the firmware I found the unit behave worse than before.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Contacted my dealer. Hes gonna install one on the demo bike and have a look whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Your nuts, I would not want to pay that sort of money just for a gear indicator!
I am nuts.. Buying a Ducati requires it. Anyway, I feel that having a gear indicator is more important than a time clock. It is just as important as a fuel gauge. So it should have been a basic component in ALL motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am nuts.. Buying a Ducati requires it. Anyway, I feel that having a gear indicator is more important than a time clock. It is just as important as a fuel gauge. So it should have been a basic component in ALL motorcycles.
I can take it or leave it but I will say it should have been included. Especially as the dash has so much un-used blank space anyway and it not like it's expensive technology. Suzuki had it on their bikes back in the seventies. Not bothered about fuel gauges either but I do like extra trip mile recorders and I set to zero after a re-fuel.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Glad you have mentioned
Brand and make: Its saying Heal Tech, DS-series.

Didn't get the box or something. Just got it installed. :oops:

But wait with buying it. Its not working 100%. I'll keep u informed!
Glad you have mentioned it anyway as I was thinking of ordering one - I'll await the outcome of yours!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nuts in the sense of wanting to pay an extra $500 for it. No, a Fuel gauge and a gear indicator had to be included as a standard on the bike.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts