Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a GIpro ds series gear indicator fitted, and after a week in the Isle of Man have asked for it to be taken off,. Big delay in showing number after changing gear, sometimes shows nothing and also shows 1st when in second. Complete waste of money

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not my experience with the ds model. Works well and shows gear pretty much soon as you change gear. Yours sounds faulty to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suggest that you do a full RESET and repeat the calibration/learning procedure. My first try had some issues. A reset solved them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I fitted the kit (following specific instructions for scrambler)and works really well. Reset during first service and it is still fine. There is a very slight delay on changes about a second. at most.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi jhayman
I will try and remember

Firstly, the instructions that came with the indicator are a bit vague for the installation part.The only thing I had some issue was feeding the live wire to the fuse box. The cable supplied is longer than required but split in a way I could not get the live cable to the fuse box

Anyway I recall doing this way:
1 took off seat and pulled out the the "diagnostic connector" near the usb cap. This has a cap (which you take off and keep safe) and plug in the cable.
2.Remove bolts securing petrol tank so as just enough to gently lift tank. I could not figure out how to remove tank which would have made things simpler
feed cable to underside of tank and out near the head stock and onto handlebars or to where you want indicator to go.
3. The gear indicator needs a live feed. Like I said I struggled with getting it back to the fuse box so located a live wire in the wiring loop accessed from the side under the tank and used to the supplied blade connector to attach cables. I had a look but is hidden away now.
4. I attached the gear indicator on the brake reservoir using the adhesive strip provided.
5 Set up is as the instructions and though I thought I made a mess of it first time of asking It set it itself up on its own and has been faultless since.

Bike has been serviced and remapped which meant gear indicator being disconnected. No problems and no need to reset, works like a dream.

Hope that helps

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts