Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gear shift problem. After the trip, when the engine is hot, the neutral does not turn on when the bike has stopped. this is the second case. in addition, other gears are jammed, they are difficult to shift with a clutch.
Has anyone encountered a similar one? Need to go to the dealer? 1,600 miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and one more thing: yesterday, when I arrived after one hour of active driving (a lot of traffic), I stopped in 2nd gear and could not switch down. with the clutch pressed, the gears did not move up and down. they stuck on 2. I turned off the engine and tried to squeeze the clutch again, but nothing came of it. I tried to push my bike forward to shift, but the gears didn’t turn on. BUT when I released the clutch, I was able to shift gears from 2-5 and down without any resistance at all! Without clutch! when I squeezed the clutch again, the gears began to shift with difficulty or jam.

·
Registered
797 Posts
You can't adjust the hydraulic clutch. There might be some air in the lines so maybe have that looked at. Surely your bike is still under warrenty?
Personally I find the gearbox of the 800 and 1100 far from smooth and both shifted worse when they got hot but still it would shift so your problem sounds a little different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't adjust the hydraulic clutch. There might be some air in the lines so maybe have that looked at. Surely your bike is still under warrenty?
Personally I find the gearbox of the 800 and 1100 far from smooth and both shifted worse when they got hot but still it would shift so your problem sounds a little different.
Today I was at the dealer. left them a bike, next week they will look and answer what is happening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you,
I read this and many other forums. many guys advise adjusting the clutch cable. But, on my scrambler 1100 is a hydraulic clutch. I don’t understand very well how it is regulated.
Hydraulic clutch for me Yankee came right out of the box, .. 2018 Mach 2. Had no more than 25 miles max and the same issues hit hard. One month later after delays, the full clutch assembly was replaced. The clutch is an oil bath design and if the spray adjustment isn't right you have these problems, (adjusting the cable is NOT the resolve ) and good by to your clutch. Mine was far out of adjustment once the case was opened with the components all damaged/scored. Having just taken a 100 mile ride I too experienced this Neutral issue .. neutral light wouldn't display when in neutral. Heat issues ???????? Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys!

today took my scrambler! So, the guys at the dealer contacted ducati and conducted all kinds of tests. measured the oil pressure in the circuit, it turned out to be slightly higher than normal. adjusted. now works very well. but let's see what happens with heavy traffic. when maneuvering and playing with the clutch. I am satisfied now. guys from the dealer are very cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts