·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After covering my tank panels I want to get rid of all the painted silver on my icon. I found a high temp paint called "cast iron." So far I sprayed out the two exhaust covers, the ring around the headlight, and the ring on the guage. The gray matches the frame color and the engine quite well. I do want to change the bars to something black. Not sure. What do you think?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Full Throttle bars is a good option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look. Are they low enough? I guess I can go sit on one at a dealer and see what they feel like. My last bike 20 years ago had clip ons so I'm used to them lower. Did you like the grey out on the silver.

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 5103 View attachment 5104 View attachment 5105 View attachment 5106 After covering my tank panels I want to get rid of all the painted silver on my icon. I found a high temp paint called "cast iron." So far I sprayed out the two exhaust covers, the ring around the headlight, and the ring on the guage. The gray matches the frame color and the engine quite well. I do want to change the bars to something black. Not sure. What do you think?
looks good, what paint did you use?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
The gray matches the frame color and the engine quite well. I do want to change the bars to something black. Not sure. What do you think?
I find your color really nice and it's an easier way to remove this silver than what I have chosen (polish it).
But I prefer my solution ;-)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks great, well done! I really like that color of black, can you share the specifics on the paint?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
High temp rattle can paint. The color is called "cast iron". I put like 6 coats on a warm day in the shade. About every ten minutes and it's holding up really well. Cheap and easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts