Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just want to share my Givi Monokey mount I built recently with you guys.

I was on the search for Monokey Mount for my DS for a while and since I was unsuccessful I decided to build my own. So basically I purchased the original Ducati Scrambler REAR ALUMINIUM LUGGAGE RACK and exchanged the original plate with one which is compatible with MonoKey. This plate is made of aluminum and was laser cut. The mounting kit (screws and pyramid) are from Protection Parts and Accessories for Adventure Touring Motorcycles - AltRider.

I am happy to share the .dxf file, If someone is interested in the drawing.

Thanks.

ChrisDS

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chris,

Excellent work!
I would love to have your DXF file, as this is exactly what I was looking for for my Icon.

Thank you!

Ivica

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great work, Chris!

I have finally got all the bits, and the plate you designed fitted 99% perfect!
The only comment is that the new AltRider Givi Monokey mounting kit uses 6mm screws, and holes in your plate appeared to have been 5.5mm (I got this measuring the plate I got cut by a local shop, I did not get around inspecting your autocad drawing yet - apologies if the error is in the local shop’s work).
After drilling out the four holes to 6mm from 5.5mm, it all slotted perfect, and the result is excellent.
Few comments for the new users:
1. Ignore the comments by Revzilla or even AltRider site themselves: the AltRider’s Givi kit FITS the 42L Trekker Outback case; no need for any grinding of the release catch mount - maybe AltRider updated the design without updated the website?
2. For some reason the front mount (mushrooms) are tight on the plate without any rubber mounts; the back mount, by the release catch, is vertically loose for 5-8mm; using the included rubber mounts on the back side of the plate resolves that; maybe the AltRider plates are not flat and have the raised front?!

Either way, thanks heaps for designing this!

Attached photos for people that want to see how Icon looks with the trekker box (looked for it myself for a long time when choosing a box, and could not find it)

Once again, thank you heaps! You saved me quite some time in designing and testing (and producing half a dozen bad plates :) ) before I would get to one that works!

Ivica

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would like a copy of the DFX file, if you don't mind.

Thanks,

-Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ivica, happy to see that it all worked out on your bike too.

Looks awesome! :icon_thumbright:

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I just had the same thing in my mind for my Icon.
I would be very grateful if you pass me the dxf file
What is the thickness of aluminum?
I send you an email. thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi. I just had the same thing in my mind for my Icon.
I would be very grateful if you pass me the dxf file
What is the thickness of aluminum?
I send you an email. thanks.

Attachments

Reactions: OceanScrambler

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,

I just want to share my Givi Monokey mount I built recently with you guys.

I was on the search for Monokey Mount for my DS for a while and since I was unsuccessful I decided to build my own. So basically I purchased the original Ducati Scrambler REAR ALUMINIUM LUGGAGE RACK and exchanged the original plate with one which is compatible with MonoKey. This plate is made of aluminum and was laser cut. The mounting kit (screws and pyramid) are from Protection Parts and Accessories for Adventure Touring Motorcycles - AltRider.

I am happy to share the .dxf file, If someone is interested in the drawing.

Thanks.

ChrisDS

View attachment 22473 View attachment 22481 View attachment 22489
wow

·
Registered
276 Posts
It has been brought to my attention that the zip file I uploaded earlier was empty. It appears as though the site doesn't allow ZIP files to be uploaded.

Here is the original DXF file (not zipped), but the extension has been changed to ".txt" to get past the upload limitation. Download it and rename it and remove the ".txt", leaving the ".dxf" extension.

-Bob

Attachments

Reactions: OceanScrambler
1 - 17 of 17 Posts