Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't seen any photos anywhere of anyone running the Givi luggage racks. Thought I would post up some if you are thinking about buying them. Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20170824_193550.jpg
IMG_20170824_193921_837.jpg

Hopefully it worked that time? On a side note the new seat concepts seat is the best thing I've done for this bike so far. riding position is vastly improved for those of us with longer legs, I am about 6 foot, and I have yet to get uncomfortable or sore on a ride. Also it looks pretty good I think.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There you go, thanks! Part # PL7407? They fit with the turn signals left in place?

And that's a nice seat you have there, too!

Sarah

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's the right part #. The signals do touch the racks a little, I threw a bit of electrical tape where they make contact just to keep them from rubbing for now. The side racks do come with a signal relocation kit that moves them down to the stock license plate mount but since I have the tail tidy kit that's a no go for me. I'm looking at some more low profile options for signals currently. Thanks for the seat compliment, it really is so comfy, and riding position is worlds better.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I know all about your seat AFrye, because I have one exactly like it. Money well-spent, isn't it? Thanks again for the info on the Givi racks, another good bang-for-the-buck. I'd probably just cushion the signals the way you did and never give it a worry.

Sarah

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did the racks come with the turn signal adaptors? All of the websites say you need to buy the signal adaptors. They look good and I've considered doing the same. I also wonder if these racks work with the OEM tail rack.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes, the turn signal adapter kit came with my racks, along with a funky little end pipe to divert the exhaust flow. I ordered from Revzilla, since I had a few "bucks" to spend. I couldn't say about your OEM rack, but they wouldn't work with my DM Telia grab rail. Dang it.

Sarah

·
Registered
6 Posts
There you go, thanks! Part # PL7407? They fit with the turn signals left in place?

And that's a nice seat you have there, too!

Sarah

Thinking of using Givi racks and boxes myself. Anyone know if the bigger 37L trekker boxes can be mounted on the PL7407 rack with an adaption kit? Getting mixed information from suppliers I have contacted.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That would be interesting to know. Per the website we can choose between the E22 and the DLM30A cases, sort of one extreme to the other. I've wondered about unbolting the "fittings" from my racks so that I'd have simple rectangular hoops, then rigging mounts for some type of medium sized cases.

Sarah

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m not sure if givi state not to use any other boxes because they interfere with the pillions foot placement on the pegs? Being a big box and all that! The new trekker 37 have a different way of attaching to the rack apparently. I would like to see the boxes in person, might be able to figure something out. Any ideas of where stocks a good amount of givi luggage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thinking of using Givi racks and boxes myself. Anyone know if the bigger 37L trekker boxes can be mounted on the PL7407 rack with an adaption kit? Getting mixed information from suppliers I have contacted.

The Givi racks are a Monokey fit. Any pannier or top box designed to work with a Monokey mount will fit to the rack without any sort of modification. Whether they look good or work on a practical sense will be dependent on the owner of the bike. I once used a V46 top box as a pannier on a Monokey rack for a specific purpose and I did from time to time use a E21 pannier as a top box because it was a good size to carry a photo bag and camera gear.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I hope you are right, K1W1. But I wonder why Givi only lists two case options for these racks?

Sarah

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for chipping in K1W1 that’s good to know. Givi do state that the Trekker 37L and the DLM 36 are compatible with a PL or PLR rack which suggests it works with a PL7407, but once you go into the details of the actual rack it states only two type of box. Maybe it because it changes the position of the box or because it interferes with pillion foot pegs? I’m tempted to just order and see what happens! Can always send them back. Just wish I could see them in person to check out the fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
I hope you are right, K1W1. But I wonder why Givi only lists two case options for these racks?

Sarah
That is probably more to do with the bike than the Monokey attachment. I for one would not want any heavy weight hanging off the rather flimsy mounting brackets on the Scrambler.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You may be right, K1W1. I considered the Dolomiti 30 Liter to be a large case, but looking at their range of cases, I see it's actually one of the smallest.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 31 Posts