1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know about the expensive 36 L ones but the cheap 21L ones sold in Singapore come with a universal mounting kit that I looked at. I figured I could bodge them on with a bit of work and they'd last for a year or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't pay $675 for a case you need for one trip... but that's me. Ignore my response - the Givi stuff we buy here is from Malaysia and clearly not the same as wherever Revzilla is getting theirs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea when I say cross country... I'm touring for about three months. I don't know how to make 40L work. I'm figuring 70L will be doable...? Probably will add a rear seat bag... adding another 30L.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ... I'm weary of having that much weight on the back... How's handling?

On another note I grabbed both items from RevZilla... I'll report back shortly...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just bought a Kriega US30. Not really put it through its paces yet but its a modular set up so you can add other Kriega products to create fairly a large capacity. E.g. start with a 30, stick a 20 on top and a 10 either side = 70ltrs. Course you'd be broke by then but I digress. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I Have the givi rack kit with a pair of trekker 33 boxes. Some things you need to know are: you have to relocate the rear blinkers or replace with shorter ones. It also comes with a little curved pipe to stick in the stock exhaust to redirect it away from the right side box. They look a little big on the bike but are incredibly useful for camping trips.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Have the givi rack kit with a pair of trekker 33 boxes. Some things you need to know are: you have to relocate the rear blinkers or replace with shorter ones. It also comes with a little curved pipe to stick in the stock exhaust to redirect it away from the right side box. They look a little big on the bike but are incredibly useful for camping trips.
Tip,

How did you relocate? Or did you just get shorter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've seen all the post about the various luggage options. I need more space.

Has anyone installed and mounted these:

Givi PL7407 Side Case Racks Ducati Scrambler 2015-2016

What's interesting is I believe these will work even though they aren't listed as compatible:

Givi Dolomiti 36 Liter Side Cases

Has anyone tried this combo. Really need to know cross country trip is coming up soon. Thanks!
I couldn't imagine a cross-country trip on a Scrambler - my butt is dead after 1 hour! Terrible seat!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tip,

How did you relocate? Or did you just get shorter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I bought shorter ones but the mounting method for the OEM ones is non standard so I had to melt little holes in the plastic tail piece to bolt new ones and and run wires through. The rack kit comes with a bracket to move the stock signals to the license plate mount but I suspect that'll only work for the classic. the stock cables for the turn signals aren't long enough to re-route around the swing arm to the mud guard on the other three models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts