Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had GIVI side bags installed on 2021 Icon. All is good, however, rear turn signals are not visible at the angle. GIVI included installation kit to mount turn indicators on the license plate. I really would want to avoid that solution - hanging wires, etc. Any suggestions on how to deal with the situation are very much appreciated.
IMG_0049.png
IMG_0050.png

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What about some mini but bright LEDs on the license plate and leave the originals where they are?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems you’ll almost certainly have to deal with some wiring. Is the Givi arrangement so terrible? They’re usually pretty good on the engineering front.

On the other hand, I can understand not wanting to go as far as relocating lights if you’ll only be using those bags occasionally...

How about researching aftermarket tail tidies / license plate brackets and see if there are any that incorporate turn signals, and which might locate the turn signals far enough aft to allow clearance with the bags?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your bike looks great as is!

The signals may not be visible from all angles, yet the lights should be visible to anyone behind you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I moved the turn signals to the lower fender. The wiring job was a tedious task, but I wanted to remove the upper icon fender.

Givi also sells a separate kit (IN7407KIT) to move the signals further back in the stock location. It looks basically like 2 metal extenders.

Here is my setup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you All for responding and contributing! @Bikes2work - thanks a lot for posting this picture. This kit does work and looks great! I'll go with IN7407KIT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I moved the turn signals to the lower fender. The wiring job was a tedious task, but I wanted to remove the upper icon fender.

Givi also sells a separate kit (IN7407KIT) to move the signals further back in the stock location. It looks basically like 2 metal extenders.

Here is my setup:

View attachment 46429
Is there a wiring kit for IN7407KIT? Or did you just throw some wires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don’t know if that kit has or needs wire extension. That isn’t what I used. I bought a simple bracket and ran my own wire extension to the lower fender. The separate Givi IN7407KIT mounts on the upper fender.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a big fan of repurposing license and signal brackets when it comes to custom tails.

You could probably disassemble your rear signals bracket and remove it from underneath the rear fender. Splice longer wires into the signals' wires from under the seat and re-route the new extended wires to your license plate holder and behind the plate at your rear wheel and mount your signals on the sides where the red reflectors are located.. remove the red reflectors.
The signal bracket is probably too big to use to get a fit for the angle you would want so the signals would aim directly behind...unless you modded the signal bracket.
Your signal bracket should look like this
SCRsignalbracket2A.jpg SCRsignalbracket1A.jpg SCRsignalbracket3A.jpg

·
Registered
957 Posts
You could always mount LED indicators directly to the rear of the panniers. If you were clever when you do the install you might be able to lift the seat and unplug the standard indicators and plug in the new ones while the panniers were fitted then reverse the procedure when they are removed.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Here is my setup:

View attachment 46429
Looks good! very resourceful

1 - 11 of 11 Posts