Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I've been here ten years, a tad more actually. But a combination of being too busy, without wheels and various other barriers have meant I haven't got out as much as I should.

I don't get many opportunities to explore semi-long distances due to life's commitments but when I do I really enjoy it. Recently I've been heading to Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park – often they let bikes in for free. And it's a lovely ride.

However, I'm looking for pastures new and my lazy gene kicked in so rather than extensive googling or, god forbid, just jumping on the bike and picking a random direction to head in, I thought I'd see if there are any Sydney(ish) based riders that have any favourite routes they do come weekend?

It has to be not much longer than a 'full day' as I have a dog that's energetic enough to need a walk both ends of the day or he makes my life hell :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do you have a friend who likes dog sitting?

Out to Bathurst then north to Bylong and through the Bylong Valley to Singleton and back along the Putty Road would be a good loop but I suspect a very full day (done all the roads but not as a loop). The Bylong Valley road in particular is a gem. Personally I don't think much of the Putty Road by Sydneysiders seem to like it based on not having any decent roads to ride like we do. :02.47-tranquillity:

You could also head south towards Nowra then back through Kangaroo Valley to Moss Vale then back to Sydney. The Kangaroo Valley road is nice to ride.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks K1W1! I've ridden Putty Road now you mention it. My girlfriend will be on dog duty but she's away for a while leaving me with plenty of time if it wasn't for the hound :). I will give your longer suggestions a whizz when she returns. Cheers again. I wonder when I'll stop feeling like a tourist in Oz ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts