Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t ride my bike at the moment so I’m playing with it a lot and I now have an itch to swap out the suspension. I have the standard 1100 with the stock suspension and until I win the lottery won’t be able to fit full Ohlins as on the sport.
I am looking for recommendations from the forum. I at the moment am thinking of Andreani for the front and maybe a Nitron on the rear this is what I had on my Tiger 800 and was a good set up. What do “you” think is a good combination.
I’m only doing this cos’ I’m bored and can’t ride it off me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would leave it alone... my 1100 works as well as my 800 with Andreani inserts at front and Ohlins rear...

Buy some cream for the itch..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would leave it alone... my 1100 works as well as my 800 with Andreani inserts at front and Ohlins rear...

Buy some cream for the itch..
My 1100 is ok but I’m always looking for better. My Tiger with Andreani and Nitron handled like it was on rails.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My 1100 - is as good as any other bike I have had - except my Multistrada with Skyhook

Maybe you just need to try setting the preload and damping better...

·
Registered
796 Posts
I can’t ride my bike at the moment so I’m playing with it a lot and I now have an itch to swap out the suspension. I have the standard 1100 with the stock suspension and until I win the lottery won’t be able to fit full Ohlins as on the sport.
I am looking for recommendations from the forum. I at the moment am thinking of Andreani for the front and maybe a Nitron on the rear this is what I had on my Tiger 800 and was a good set up. What do “you” think is a good combination.
I’m only doing this cos’ I’m bored and can’t ride it off me.
My recommendation is to leave it alone. Stock suspension performs fine(just back from a 3 day trip threw Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg and it performed great under all conditions on the settings you suggested on this forum). Sorry to here you still can't ride but I suggest to save your money and maybe put it towards another nice watch. The suspension upgrade isn't going to bring anything imo considdering you use your bike for it's intended use and not racing. Upgrade your suspension when it's broken or when it's time for a front fork revision/oil change after a year or two.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok there are too many people with excellent logic on here. I’ll forget about it but not buying another watch I’ve got 11 of them now and there are only 7 days in a week.
Probably will miss this summer riding and have to start again in the winter.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why can't you ride the bruiser?
Just had major surgery had new arteries plumbed in from my aorta near the heart through the groins (ouch) to both legs. I’m walking but not very far and I was told it could take 12 months to recover.:ambivalence:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Just had major surgery had new arteries plumbed in from my aorta near the heart through the groins (ouch) to both legs. I’m walking but not very far and I was told it could take 12 months to recover.:ambivalence:
Luxury. We used to live in a lake.
Seriously Gasman, all the best for a speedy and full recovery. :wave:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ha ha ha. Monty Python I presume. It’s made a right mess of my beach body, I won’t be able to wear my speedos any more.
Thanks for the good wishes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got a price for full Ohlins fitted to loose forks.
£1500 all in with VAT.
It’s not a bad price but as you say I don’t really need it at the moment.
The suspension guy says there is only Ohlins listed for the Scrambler 1100. Do you know any different?

·
Registered
733 Posts
You can buy the complete forks for around 2200 for the Sport Model - maybe less if your dealer wants to be friendly... You also need different triple trees though - think there is 1mm difference in dimeters..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spoke to someone in the know yesterday and he said Ohlins are all sorts of sizes and you need to watch out. He also said that the NIX30 cartridges are better than the forks.
Also priced a full set up with Kais. They have quoted £1550 fitted ride in ride out. The only problem with that is I can’t ride at the moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMO opinion.. stock suspension is garbage. Ihave an icon. Andreannti fronts, Ohlins rear..... night n day difference on the street. I dont off road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts