Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cripes they look strong enough to lift a Chevy!
Sorry to hijack but what is the strap/on seat cover, is it a gel pad and if so does it make a big difference to comfort?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Which specific model is that?
Pitbull now makes a Scrambler specific model of stand, I need one badly - my "jury-rigged" setup is dangerous, and there is no way to put spools on the Scram.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cripes they look strong enough to lift a Chevy!
Sorry to hijack but what is the strap/on seat cover, is it a gel pad and if so does it make a big difference to comfort?
Gel pad. FT seat is even worse than Icon one (imo). Haven't taken any rides yet with it on Scram, but it worked well on 2x4 that they call a seat on KLR.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Gel pad. FT seat is even worse than Icon one (imo). Haven't taken any rides yet with it on Scram, but it worked well on 2x4 that they call a seat on KLR.
Which one is that? Link?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I like the stand concept but I have been using an alternate style roller type wedge that you place on the ground and then roll which ever end front ot rear onto and it makes both chain cleaning/maintenance and wheel cleaning a breeze and cost only 30.00 USD. For the cost of two of those pitbull stands plus just a bit more money you can invest in a decent hydraulic work stand that is much more useful like my neighbor has:

Search results for: 'motorcycle stand'

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Tony I been using the R&G spools which work very well
The "axle-mounted" spools don't help me when I have to pull off the rear tire.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I like the stand concept but I have been using an alternate style roller type wedge that you place on the ground and then roll which ever end front ot rear onto and it makes both chain cleaning/maintenance and wheel cleaning a breeze and cost only 30.00 USD. For the cost of two of those pitbull stands plus just a bit more money you can invest in a decent hydraulic work stand that is much more useful like my neighbor has:

Search results for: 'motorcycle stand'
The roller stuff is fine for wheel cleaning / chain maint. - but I need something to secure the bike during wheel removal.

I wouldn't put any bike on one of the Harbor Freight lifts, I've seen - first hand - how unstable and cheaply made they are.

Reactions: Xtyling

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also really like the bike-tower.
The Euro vs dollar conversion rate keeps falling, and remember that customers in the USA don't pay the 20% VAT tax.

Perhaps we could arrange a group buy at a good price?

The list price including delivery to the USA is $432.
How much less does the pair of pit bulls cost?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Exchange rates in AUS absolutely kill buying this - last time I checked we were 70c US, and 61c Euro for every aussie dollar :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also really like the bike-tower.
The Euro vs dollar conversion rate keeps falling, and remember that customers in the USA don't pay the 20% VAT tax.

Perhaps we could arrange a group buy at a good price?

The list price including delivery to the USA is $432.
How much less does the pair of pit bulls cost?
About $300ish for both

·
Registered
965 Posts
The roller stuff is fine for wheel cleaning / chain maint. - but I need something to secure the bike during wheel removal.

I wouldn't put any bike on one of the Harbor Freight lifts, I've seen - first hand - how unstable and cheaply made they are.
My neighbor has rebuilt two bikes frame up using the stand and he is not one to be gentle with them, maybe he has a different model then you've seen but after 4 years his is still going strong.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My neighbor has rebuilt two bikes frame up using the stand and he is not one to be gentle with them, maybe he has a different model then you've seen but after 4 years his is still going strong.
I'm not questioning it's durability - just it's lack of safety. Take a look at this video for reference, its a bit long - but informative. I took a chance on one of these a couple of years ago, and donated it to the scrap heap when I saw how one of my bike "teetered" while using it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The model he has has tie down points that are used. I wouldn't trust just the wheel chock to maintain balance but all I can say is he's had numerous bikes on it all the way from a Dayton 675 to a Concours 14 on it and never had a stability issue. Like most products out there many people just don't use them safely. And by the way, those in the video are nothing like the one I posted originally.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a HF one and it worked fine with KLR. Not sure Scrambler has enough real estate on the bottom to use that kinda lift.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts