Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Ducati Scrambler - 15 of 16.jpg
Got my classic yesterday :cool::p:D:)

Lovely ride, little bit hard but i suppose this will get better after some more milage.

Got the bike with the termigioni exhaust and FT handlebars. Still to follow are the classic saddlebags, the bellypan and the front headlight grill. Not from the scrambler catalog will be a minimalistic windscreen but bigger than the scr's one and a tail tide of some kind.

I also asked my dealer to instal a gear indicator, im not used to drive without one anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bars look just as good as standard don't they. Need them sometime for mine.
Absolutely! Makes the classic a bit more sporty. "Sports classic"... no? ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks stunning!
Not good for my head seeing all you guys n gals getting your bikes........tick tock tick tock.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Belly plate comes in a box like termi with no instructions again. Easy enough to do. Allan key job. Makes it look great underneath. I took some photos .
My dealer with install all of the extra goody for free because he couldn't deliver them at the same time as the bike. Probably with my first service everything will be installed... Im happy with that ;):p

Reactions: Albie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Congratulations Chris , Looking Good :)

The suspension doesn't get any better , Sorry :rolleyes:
Have you checked the tyre pressures ? Mine came with the rear far too hard after PDI. Drop it down to 32 or 36psi should make a difference. I haven't ridden mine to find out as away till June.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tyre pressure is set to 32 - 36 psi. The front is definitely softer, perhaps even to soft. The back is still to hard for me. I didn't feel any difference in de steering so i will drop the back to 35 en the front back up to 33

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Tyre pressure is set to 32 - 36 psi. The front is definitely softer, perhaps even to soft. The back is still to hard for me. I didn't feel any difference in de steering so i will drop the back to 35 en the front back up to 33
The book say's 36F 36R solo(2.5bar). 36F 42R (2.8bar) with pillion.]
Just so you know the ball park.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Chris, congratulations, i am reale jealous, still Wartung for mine.
When have you ordered yours ?
Kind Regards
Bernd
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, got the bike very quick :). Dealer pre-ordered 20 scramblers or something thats why it went so fast. Hes got 4 scramblers in the showroom right now, an urban, full throttle, classic and his own classic with high mount termi. o_O

When are u getting yours? Is it really taking so long? :(:confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, got the bike very quick :). Dealer pre-ordered 20 scramblers or something thats why it went so fast. Hes got 4 scramblers in the showroom right now, an urban, full throttle, classic and his own classic with high mount termi. o_O

When are u getting yours? Is it really taking so long? :(:confused:
Reading this is really p#ssing me off.
Why can't my dealer pull their finger out! Grrrrrr!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucky you, Chris! How long after Icons showed in Belgium did it take for Classics to appear?
Good question! I don't know... . Did not even know about the existence of the scrambler at first! :oops:
My interest went to the bmw RnineT at first. After noticing that the bmw was over budget I was looking for a triumph. But also here with all the modifications needed it would have been over budget.
By looking online I stumbled on the scrambler, really by accident. Went to the Ducati dealer and had a test drive. Had some doubts because of the suspension, didn't like it. The dealer convinced me there would be options to modify that for a not to high price. He offered me a nice discount and I both it. 2 weeks later I had the bike! :):D:p

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good question! I don't know... . Did not even know about the existence of the scrambler at first! :oops:
My interest went to the bmw RnineT at first. After noticing that the bmw was over budget I was looking for a triumph. But also here with all the modifications needed it would have been over budget.
By looking online I stumbled on the scrambler, really by accident. Went to the Ducati dealer and had a test drive. Had some doubts because of the suspension, didn't like it. The dealer convinced me there would be options to modify that for a not to high price. He offered me a nice discount and I both it. 2 weeks later I had the bike! :):D:p
This should make you just about the most envied person alive! (At least on this forum) Enjoy the ride...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts