Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out QuadLock, made in Australia. a few good options. Very secure and i was able to have it sit flush so it doesn't look like the spider legs of the RamMounts. I can take a picture of the set up if interested on how it looks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Look up RAM X-grip and use one of their longer bolts to attach it to the handlebar clamp. I go off-road (not on my scrambler) and it hold up with all the vibration going off-road, so you'll be 100% fine for the road. Also and this could really save you !! great for Waze, when paired with a pair of Bluetooth plugfones, you can block out windnoise (save your ears) and have hidden cop alerts. Won't ride without either no more! OK moving on, while iPhones and most modern smartphones are water 'resistant' i highly recommend having something called a smart phone sized loksak handy. Actually these are great to keep any moisture out of any of your registration documents. I keep my insurance and registration under the seat in a loksak. So if i'm ever caught in a storm, no problem. Unless rain is a real threat, I won't bother, but if it starts to rain, I put my phone in the spare loksak that i also keep handy, and no worries about that either. I did actually get my iPhone X water damaged, from thinking i was safe being IP67. But oh no... water somehow got in and i had to replace the entire thing. So don't rely on IP67 saving you. Driving rain, somehow gets past that. You can still use all the functions with a loksak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check out QuadLock, made in Australia. a few good options. Very secure and i was able to have it sit flush so it doesn't look like the spider legs of the RamMounts. I can take a picture of the set up if interested on how it looks.
+1 for quad lock

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looked at the ram x grip but i was not fully convinced then I found the perfect Squeeze from Hondo Garage. A bit expensive but i liked quality feeling and my cellphone sits perfect. Have had it almost one year and so far it has not failed my phone/gps. going mostly roads and easy off road on my Dessert Sled

1 - 15 of 15 Posts