Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current:
Windscreen, Clubman bars, aluminum brake reservoir, adjustable oem levers, beefier adjustable pegs, crash cage, ram mount

Ordered:
Road specific tires, side mounted tag holder, cafe seat w/cowl, led bulbs all around

Planned but researching brands/types:
Either slip on for current exhaust or full exhaust that runs out under the tail like the dual exhaust 1100’s, intake, tune, paint

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle Fuel tank

·
Registered
42 Posts
What’s the windscreen you are using? It looks like the MRA one. Would be curious to know what you think about it. I tried the tall Givi one and hated it thus returned so still searching. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@ Connector What didn't you like about the Givi? It looks like it would great wind protection for the cold rides.
Yea, that is exactly what I was hoping for but no. It caused the strangest buffeting (not sure what to call it) on my head, rattling my helmet, moving my head left and right in a pulsing motion. It was over about 60-65mph too. Below that it was ok, but I still just didn't like how it redirected the airstream. If I tucked down over 60mph, it was ok. But I was hoping to defect the wind at highway speeds and not have to tuck in low - i just felt uncomfortable. I took it off and found getting back to the free air just 100x better, yet want to try a shorter one b/c I feel like a sail at the highway speeds. Just a screen to push the air around my lower chest to my pants belt would be ideal, I think. So I figure come spring I'll try the MRA one, which someone here I think said did that. No point now, cold weather is here, snow coming soon.

It could be a Dart. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey C tnx for your input. Mine arrives next week. I can't stand buffeting either. I wonder if one of those extensions at the top of the screen would help? I'll have to look into that.
I bought it to commute in the colder temps and light rain so hoping the Givi will accomplish that.
Can you comment on how easy it is to put on and remove? It will def come off when the weather warms up.
I haven't seen the MRA -will ck it out. The Scrambler Cafe screen looks really good and should block the wind, ... from the instrumentation! lol and look good doing it.
Have you checked out the Dart screens? Would probably work for what you're after.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ahh just saw that! Yup, I'm old.
I do the same all the time, lol

Anyway, yeah it was very easy to install, a couple of hours taking my time. I didn't have any issues getting it installed that I remember. I did it on my own with no extra help needed. Also, once I tightened it all up it felt secure on the bike. I really wish it would have worked for me and if you get it, hope it works for you.

One thing is if you buy and don't like it make sure you have every single thing (I left the stickers on the screen for example) so when you return it there are no issues. I know some places won't take "used" parts back. I was extra careful here and had no issues returning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing is if you buy and don't like it make sure you have every single thing (I left the stickers on the screen for example) so when you return it there are no issues. I know some places won't take "used" parts back. I was extra careful here and had no issues returning.
Copy that. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What’s the windscreen you are using? It looks like the MRA one. Would be curious to know what you think about it. I tried the tall Givi one and hated it thus returned so still searching. Thanks for posting the pics.
It’s a Dart … sorry I haven’t been on in a bit. It didn’t do much honestly but split a bit of wind around the belly area. Does quite a bit better now that the clubmans have lowered my body position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts