Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AdminBot47 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I use grip puppies on my Tiger. Best thing ever to kill the slight vibration Triumphs have in the right side of the handlebar and also increase the diameter of the grip for more comfort. Don't seem to have any real effect on the temp of the heated grips.
If you have access to an aerosol can of hairspray apply that to the inner surface of the grip puppy then slide it on and when the propellant evaporates the remaining sticky stuff will hold the puppy in place forever but you will still be able to get if off if you want. No hairspray just use water but that takes longer to evaporate and does not leave sticky stuff.
I would put grip puppies on the Scrambler if I rode it a lot.

P.S. Don't forget to cut the puppies to the correct length before you put them on the handle bars.

#4 ·
Great recommendations, will order today!

#6 ·
Delivered yesterday, installed not an hour later. First report:

The ends of the covers need to be trimmed about 3/8ths of an inch. I left the rounded side facing outward with the cut end toward the center of the bike. A long sharp knife works best for even cuts since the foam will bend and distort when cutting with scissors leaving an uneven or angled cut job. The knife can clean these angles up, too.

I put a small dab of dish soap on the inner part of the cover. Then a small amount of water and slid them on. They weren't going on without some sort of lubricant.

Left over night and rode this morning. They are pretty thick. The throttle side is good and tight. The left side is tight on the inside but rotates a bit on the outside. When I get home I will probably slide it off and redo without soap or do the hairspray trick as K1W1 recommends. Since I don't have a can laying around it will be an interesting trip to Wal-Mart.

#7 ·
Update. Pulled the left side off, washed it down really good and rinsed off the dish soap from before. Squeezed it on while it was still wet. Tough, but doable.

Now when riding, it doesn't slide around on the end. My OCD is cured. Still kind of thick though, maybe I'll get used to it but it's at the opposite end of the spectrum of the too-thin grips from before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.