Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dithering whether to wait for the low seat or have mine sculpted, I decided on the latter as I also wanted a gel insert (I find the seat pretty uncomfortable and very hard), and it was a cheaper option.

Well I now have the most sumptuous soft padded seat, lowered, and now have balls of feet on the ground with normal boots instead of tiptoes with stacked boots!

Pics to follow once I've got all the panels/decals back on! :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was dithering whether to wait for the low seat or have mine sculpted, I decided on the latter as I also wanted a gel insert (I find the seat pretty uncomfortable and very hard), and it was a cheaper option.

Well I now have the most sumptuous soft padded seat, lowered, and now have balls of feet on the ground with normal boots instead of tiptoes with stacked boots!

When you mention 'stacked boots' what make are they ?.
My wife has Daytona Ladystars which are built up, but inside. You can't tell from the outside, when we ordered them I thought maybe they would look like Herman Munster boots but actually they look really dinky. Expensive though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look forward to seeing the pic's. Who did you use for the work?
Tony Archer Huddersfield (recommended by Elvisto)

When you mention 'stacked boots' what make are they ?.
I mean built up inside :) I have the Ladystars too. They are a good looking boot, but just don't give me the 'feel' of normal boots, much the same as wearing thick winter gloves over thin summer ones!

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely wanna see your pics! I'll have to get my Enduro lowered too but your option sounds lighter on the wallet! I'm 5'2 29 inseam. Haven't got my bike yet in USA

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Tony Archer Huddersfield (recommended by Elvisto)

I mean built up inside :) I have the Ladystars too. They are a good looking boot, but just don't give me the 'feel' of normal boots, much the same as wearing thick winter gloves over thin summer ones!
Top quality kit, my wife did say when she 1st got them that she couldn't feel the pegs/levers properly. I also had to adjust the gear lever up a touch to make it easier to get her toe under for changing up. Now she won't wear anything else.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Excellent pics. That's the look I'm going for too with the red and black tank panels. I decided to have the decals with the red X and scrambler writing in black on a white border.

That's what I love about this bike, the way you can customizer it to make it yours.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Here are some pics of the seat, and also the powder coated panels:

Much more rounded lines than the stock seat

Side view plus panels

My own take on the brake fluid reservoir cover but it only cost me £1.99 :D and it's chrome!

Cheapskate on X lol but a bargain . Looking really nice. Black panels look good don't they. Mine are ready for pick up this week. Got to remove decal. I am actually thinking of getting some micro screws and screwing them on the panels. Need to study different badges between black parts on classic and Icon
Hope the seats better for you big time and doesn't look at all distracting from original.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheapskate on X lol but a bargain . Looking really nice. Black panels look good don't they. Mine are ready for pick up this week. Got to remove decal. I am actually thinking of getting some micro screws and screwing them on the panels. Need to study different badges between black parts on classic and Icon
Hope the seats better for you big time and doesn't look at all distracting from original.
I was thinking of small screws but wasn't sure about the look and having to drill into the tank, so have actually velcro'd them back on. They aren't quite as flush but you wouldn't really notice and easy to remove if you want to do anything to the panels again :). I'm considering seeing if I can get some plastic/rubber decals made with a sticky back, could do it to my own design :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was thinking of small screws but wasn't sure about the look and having to drill into the tank, so have actually velcro'd them back on. They aren't quite as flush but you wouldn't really notice and easy to remove if you want to do anything to the panels again :). I'm considering seeing if I can get some plastic/rubber decals made with a sticky back, could do it to my own design :D
No I wont be drilling into the tank. Only the side panels. What I am basing my theory on is using the tiny Torx screws they use for holding speedo together. I am hoping theres a gap between the tank and the panel. In theory if someone so low wanted to nick your panels they would lever the badge of anyhow and replace it. My friend can weld on alloy very well if I need nuts tacking on.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Seat looks good, littleowl, appears close to stock. And now, after my 80- or so mile ride today, you have me dreaming about a gel insert. I have the rear shock on softest setting, and it works well for me, but the brick seat is still unkind. Also thinking about a distressed light brown leather seat; or maybe not.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts