Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all are well. Anyone found any good hand guards that fit the Ducati Cafe Racer? (2018) I've got to install my heated grips, but I know this isn't going to be enough from various friends input. Anyone have any experience with barkbusters blizzard universals on the cafe?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you want to spoil your Ducati then buy those things ..... better to invest in good gloves in my eyes. Any handguards do not fit optically to the scramblers in my eyes.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
They seem very warm but it is true that it will look like crap on the bike. If you don't care about looks during the winter, those should be great. Another option which may look a bit better would be to get these adventure style handguards which may look cooler and will block the oncoming wind while riding. I have those on mine and they make a huge difference.

Regardless, if you decide to go with the blizzard universal handguards, I have them on a commuting bike and they work amazing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great, thanks all. CTPAXCBYAX do you have those adventure style handguards on a cafe racer or other scrambler? on the barkbusters website they don't show as fitting the cafe

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have them on the 2019 Icon.

Ahh of course... the cafe racer has clip-on handlebars doesnt it? I am using mine on the full throttle handlebars.

If you buy the blizzard ones, make sure they will fit all the way to the grip buttons (blink, horns, etc...). It was a bit tricky on my other motorcycle.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The Blizzards work fantastic on normal bars and really improve the effectiveness of the heated grips but they are definitely not a fashion statement and I would be surprised if they fit well on cafe racer bars. Why not look at heated gloves? You can have either battery or bike powered ones. We have a heater connection on the Scrambler and my wife wears a heated jacket while riding it in the winter, Works well

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get the Ducati heated grips. There's a set specifically made for the Scramblers.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Get the Ducati heated grips. There's a set specifically made for the Scramblers.
They are fitted in the last photo above you can see the heated grip wire going down below the grip. They are controlled by the engine start button when the engine is running.
Adding the hand guards makes a huge difference in winter, The grips themselves do not get that hot and the Blizzard covers assist greatly with heat retention in the hands.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you considered heated gloves? They will keep your entire hand warm, dry and won’t effect the look of the bike. I found the hand guards on my Multistrada didn’t cut out all the wind and with heated grips the back of my hands still got cold. I bought heated gloves and this solved the issue. You can ride throughout the winter and adjust the temperature to suit the conditions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cafe racer and handguards should not be in the same sentence, in my opinion. Cafe racers are about a look or style, and handguards are about function. I have the Ducati heated grips on my 2020 CR and love them. No, they are not enough to keep the outside of my fingers warm (the part exposed to the wind), but if I want 100% warm hands when riding in cooler weather, I pick a different bike to ride.

From a technical standpoint, I am not sure if handguards would fit on the CR's clip-ons, but they might.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts