Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I just tried my second set of handguards and they don't fit either. The first were Barkbuster Jet and the second were Zeta which are actually made by cycra. I even tried removing the crossbar this time but the way the banjo bolts go into the clutch and brake makes either handguard too short. With the crossbar removed its the same bar as the flat track pro.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I just want to rip this thing in the dirt 馃槀

Registered
Hey all - I just tried my second set of handguards and they don't fit either. The first were Barkbuster Jet and the second were Zeta which are actually made by cycra. I even tried removing the crossbar this time but the way the banjo bolts go into the clutch and brake makes either handguard too short. With the crossbar removed its the same bar as the flat track pro.

Interesting, I have Barkbusters on mine and they fit fine

Attachments

Registered
These come in and out of stock, I got them on an "in stock" month. they fit my 2020 DS with no issues. Using the VPS hand guards which I had a hard time finding in the states.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome thx. I see the difference. The mounting brackets go down from the bar instead of out. It also has a 3rd piece that is another L shape that connects to the guard itself. Ducati just doesn't give you much room here. I had tried the universal fit Barkbusters. Looks like I need to find the specific kit.

Automotive fuel system White Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire

Registered

I use Barkbusters Storm Plastic Guards - Barkbusters Storm Plastics : White (STM-003-WH)

these fit, but with a little bit of tweaking - in fact the bike juts too a skid down the bitumen - lost front wheel on some black ice - and the BBs are great. virtually no damage except to the plastic shield. Totally recommended
I ulso have Hepco crash bars which are recommended.

Registered
Interesting, I have Barkbusters on mine and they fit fine
For whatever it's worth (maybe not much), I have the same DS and the exact same Bark Busters (BB) as MoxSled, but physically bent/hammered the BB bar to make them fit better, especially on the speedometer side. There isn't much clearance there between the speedo and the end of the BB bar. And the first or second time I went down in the Vegas desert the handle bars slipped, and the end of the BB bar cracked the speedo. So when I reinstalled everything I bent the speedo-side BB bar in the opposite direction, back toward the gas tank so there's more clearance.

The BB bars are tough but bendable with a vise and some hammering. Maybe doing the same would help them fit your bike better, h.grenade?

Registered
17 Caf茅 sCrAmBlE rAcEr
What is "break line fluid tension"? And what on earth does that have to do with a hydraulic clutch banjo bolt?
In correctly operating hydraulically activated components such as brake ir clutch systems th hydraulic fluid is under either positive tension or (pressure) (in use) or negitve tension or (vacuum)(static or at rest) th fluid is under a form of tension regardless whether application is for the brake or clutch. That tension is established by th master cylinder of th particular component.
Th point I was trying to make is that it is not advisable or proper practice to loosen & retighten hydraulic lines & expect everything to be the same. Your results may vary
#rydsafe

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes if you crack them open you will probably have to bleed the lines. Best to leave them alone.

I got the handguards installed but I'm not super happy with it. The clutch and brake perches are just super wide so I cannot run the crossbar. You can see how tight it is. I might just replace them with brembo parts from a KTM dirt bike. Everything about Ducati has to be a PITA. Good looking and fun to ride but man, come on.

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 18 of 18 Posts