Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those lucky enough to have their scramblers.

Has anyone changed grips yet? I'm planning on switching to larger diameter grips, and I see there is a bar end fitting in pictures. Can it be as simple as changing typical grips, just trimming the ends to accept those fittings?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have Biltwell's 7/8" Thruster grips my dealer says will work on my Classic. They match the color and shape of the Classic's seat. I purchased them from Dennis Kirk online for around $18.00 US. Now, if I only had a bike to fit them on.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most 7/8" (22mm) grips should work, however the throttle tube has a ridge at both ends that works with the OEM grips. You could trim it but I ordered a generic Honda tube to see if it works before hacking the OEM. Will let you know when I receive it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't modify the throttle tube. I just put a little gas in the grip and it slided without too much effort. Even the large white ring of the throttle isn't much visible. They render quite nicely with the Classic's seat, giving a Café Racer touch. I'll try to up a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought some grab-ons, they're closed-cell dense foam cylindrical things that slip over the stock grips to fatten them up and give you better grip. They fit right over the grips on my Icon with a little bit of effort.

·
Registered
58 Posts
timbmayb I don't know but they have a better grip that's for sure.

I did some minor mods. Removed the plastic elements on the front sides. Evotech oil cooler and rectifier guards. chinese foldable levers and adjustable footpegs. Quad Lock mount for phone / GPS. Metisse sliders / diabolos for front fork and swingarm. I'm about to get 2 mirrors from Posh Factory.
Andreani fork kit is on delivery and Ohlins suspension should arrive on mid-june...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Late to the party here, but that's a really solid cheapskate mod on the footpegs. Nice job, fella, gonna steal this one for sure. Did the standard 7/8" diameter work well enough?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Late to the party here, but that's a really solid cheapskate mod on the footpegs. Nice job, fella, gonna steal this one for sure. Did the standard 7/8" diameter work well enough?
Hi Tim, yes standard diameter works well. However if you do this beware to fix them in a better way than I did : I left one on the road while leaning in a turn !

My 2 cents doesn't worth much, and I think I'll better turn to a more robust solution like SW-Motech's
Footrests adjustable in height for Ducati Multistrada 1200 S by SW-MOTECH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought some grab-ons, they're closed-cell dense foam cylindrical things that slip over the stock grips to fatten them up and give you better grip. They fit right over the grips on my Icon with a little bit of effort.
Can you post which grab on grip you picked? They have a ton of styles and sizes.. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts