Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not a fan of the stock, mega upright riding position on my icon and want to get a new set of bars.

however, I don't want to be super hunched over when I ride either.

I was wondering what is a good amount of handlebar rise that I should be looking for? or what are some suggestions from people that have changed their bars already... ergo, which bars did you buy?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
How about the bars that are standard fitment on the Full Throttle model?
That's what others are changing to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I picked up the renthal medium road bars in black. They are the same diameter as stock so fairly easy to change and i'm still comfortable upright riding, they just look a little less goofy. I'm 6 foot if that helps reference my reach at all. See my build post for photos. Heck of a lot cheaper than the full throttle bars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. What are the measurements on the FT bars? I'm really not interested in getting raped by ducati for a set of bars... that they just but from Renthal or someone else and put in a new box.

I'm a huge ducati fan... not just that huge :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Thanks guys. What are the measurements on the FT bars? I'm really not interested in getting raped by ducati for a set of bars... that they just but from Renthal or someone else and put in a new box.

I'm a huge ducati fan... not just that huge :)
They are expensive to a certain extent because they come with 28mm Fat-Bar conversion adapters that fit the lower mounts which are 22mm.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got the FT handlebars and they are perfect, ideal riding position.

There is a thread about the difference between the two with clear pictures to compare size and hight.
FT vs. Icon handlebar specs

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey chris... anyways you can measure them for me :)

I'll send you a tail tidy template for your troubles. $129 us for a piece of aluminum?

No thanks. $14 and two hours of my time. Done.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey chris... anyways you can measure them for me :)

I'll send you a tail tidy template for your troubles. $129 us for a piece of aluminum?

No thanks. $14 and two hours of my time. Done.
What do u need? Length and hight? :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll tell you what.. I'll scan the image of the template and you can just email me, or I can try and post it as a picture. I will down load it and print it myslef first to see if the dimensions work out.

Here is a couple pictures of what it looks like...well without the forward most bolts as I had to pick up a pair of m8x1.25 ×20 mm for those.
20150512_100102.jpg
20150512_100041.jpg

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
I'll tell you what.. I'll scan the image of the template and you can just email me, or I can try and post it as a picture. I will down load it and print it myslef first to see if the dimensions work out.

Here is a couple pictures of what it looks like...well without the forward most bolts as I had to pick up a pair of m8x1.25 ×20 mm for those.
View attachment 934 View attachment 935
If you are sharing the template then I'd like to put my hand up for a copy.

Cheers,

FatRob

·
Registered
204 Posts

View attachment 934 View attachment 935
Thats really nicely done! Can u make me one and send it over... :p;) I'll measure the bars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are the Icon and Full Throttle handle bars the same width/length? I don't mind the height (upright position) but i find the icon bar slightly too wide for my riding style (filtering/lane splitting) through miserable Metro Manila traffic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Many aspects of living in Metro Manila sucks.. But having a Ducati Scrambler will help alleviate the sorrows. Turn a frown into grin.

I am not yet a full fledged family member of Ducatisti. But i have placed my deposit on a red icon. Awaiting delivery this August or September.

My main concerns are 1) Handle bar width. I need to weave through traffic. 2) Engine/exhaust heat. Usual temps here is 30'C and bad traffic can cook. 3) Waterproofness. I ride regardless of weather. And in Manila it rains cats, dogs and donkeys

1 - 20 of 26 Posts