Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little tip really !
I bought the brace the other day, and started to assemble it, Well it wouldn't assemble because the counter bored holes had created a massive burr on the 6.5 mm drilled hole, the only way was to re drill the holes with a 6.5 drill, It's so easy to scratch the handlebars too, so I ran two lengths of masking tape either side of the bars, fit and adjust without scratching ,peel off the tape after assy, And don't forget to cover the tank just in case you drop something on it,

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice, I have one on order and I thought it might have rubber strips to place between the bracket and handlebar but seems not. Might be an idea I ask dealer to not attach it so I can take care putting it on. Thanks for the heads up as would not be too happy with marks on the bars. I wonder if those getting Urban Enduro models will have said marks.

I ordered the Ducati handlebar bag which attaches to the bars on either side of brace and you can then attach the middle strap to the brace for more stability

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hope you'll post pictures, Tony. It's so nice to see what you all are doing with these bikes. Thanks!

Sarah

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hope you'll post pictures, Tony. It's so nice to see what you all are doing with these bikes. Thanks!

Sarah
Eventually I will Sarah once I have the bike and all the bits with me :)

Sorry Elvis I did not mean to hijack your post... Thanks for the pic as looks great. I think I will wrap newspaper round the bars and use a bit of tape at the top so then it all slides off easily :)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a problem TC3, Sarah, my wunderlich handlebar bag doesn't fit now, Shame really but i'd no intention of putting it on originally, It was just until I received my Scrambler Tank Bag, which I now have,

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'm getting the dealer to fit mine along with the belly pan, heated grips and headlight grill.

I'm cack handed so I don't do manual labour :D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Elvisto,

Yes thanks, now I remember you only used the Wunderlich while waiting on your tank bag. Looking forward to your pictures, Tony. Glad to see folks fiddling with their bikes, all part of the fun. Want to see pictures of yours too, El Toro. I might be happy to have the dealer fit the belly pan myself, that looked like a bear of a job.

Sarah

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they do Albie, :) Try assembling the parts before fitting, just to make sure, Like I said I had to re drill the 6.5 mm holes,

·
Registered
941 Posts
Have my brace now and all fits together well so no need for me to drill anything Elvisto. Looks like it will work well with the Ducati handlebar bag and just need the bike now to be sure...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts