Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. I am trying to locate the handlebar specs for both the Icon model and the Full Throttle model. Reason I ask is because I am looking into getting some Rhino Moto bar end sliders for my Scrambler Icon, however I will likely be switching over to the Full Throttle Bars soon. My question is that if both bars are the same diameter inside and outside? If I remember correctly, I think the full throttle bars are listed at 7/8". And I believe I saw someone mention that the internal diameter of the bars on the Icon model were 17mm. Do the Full Throttle bars share the same internal diameter of 17mm? I thought I had all this figured out but I keep seeing all these different numbers and measurements and I want to make sure it's right before I go ahead and get the bar end adapters. I like to get an adapter that fits both bars, but if not, Id more importantly be looking for bar ends that fit the Full Throttle Bars. Im wanting to mount up my CRG mirrors to them. Also, I've heard horror stories of guys mounting their bar ends on the throttle side of the handlebar. Are our throttle side bar ends completely hollow or are there threads. Is it that much of a pain mounting bar ends on the throttle side? Sorry for all the questions, I am newer here and just trying to get some clarity. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Will these Classic Bar ends work?

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOM...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

Or do I have to select a size from the universal fit section?

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOM...iders&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum 15, good to have you along :)

The bars on the Icon are 22mm o/d x 17mm i/d, most after market bar ends will fit, Cant help you with the FT bars but i'm sure someone will be along soon to put you in the picture,

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Good afternoon all. I am trying to locate the handlebar specs for both the Icon model and the Full Throttle model. Reason I ask is because I am looking into getting some Rhino Moto bar end sliders for my Scrambler Icon, however I will likely be switching over to the Full Throttle Bars soon. My question is that if both bars are the same diameter inside and outside? If I remember correctly, I think the full throttle bars are listed at 7/8". And I believe I saw someone mention that the internal diameter of the bars on the Icon model were 17mm. Do the Full Throttle bars share the same internal diameter of 17mm? I thought I had all this figured out but I keep seeing all these different numbers and measurements and I want to make sure it's right before I go ahead and get the bar end adapters. I like to get an adapter that fits both bars, but if not, Id more importantly be looking for bar ends that fit the Full Throttle Bars. Im wanting to mount up my CRG mirrors to them. Also, I've heard horror stories of guys mounting their bar ends on the throttle side of the handlebar. Are our throttle side bar ends completely hollow or are there threads. Is it that much of a pain mounting bar ends on the throttle side? Sorry for all the questions, I am newer here and just trying to get some clarity. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Will these Classic Bar ends work?

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOMOTO/store/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors&productID=122&showDetail=1&categoryID=91|Ducati Barend Sliders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

Or do I have to select a size from the universal fit section?

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOMOTO/store/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors&CategoryID=34|Universal Fit Barend Sliders&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors
I like the idea of fat bars too, one thing to bear in mind though is the brake, throttle and clutch cables will look lot longer than the gypsy's washing line they already are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum 15, good to have you along :)

The bars on the Icon are 22mm o/d x 17mm i/d, most after market bar ends will fit, Cant help you with the FT bars but i'm sure someone will be along soon to put you in the picture,
Thank you, that's the info I was looking for! Now I just need some specs on the FT bars. I may just buy them anyway, and measure them myself. And thanks, glad to be here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts