Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was looking for a decent solution to have hard luggage on the scrambler 1100 but couldn't find anything suitable, so I've developed one myself. The design is for the Givi Dolomiti side panniers, I looked into the trekker outback range but the mounting system wouldn't work easily with the exhaust pipes. The design is compact to keep the overall width to a minimum and also works with the ventura topbox rack. I will probably add a cross brace for strength, in any case I'm ordering the prototype this week and would like to know if others have an interest in this solution as it would be good to get economy of scale and keep the piece price down. I'll be making these in the UK.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
797 Posts
Looking good allthough I wonder about the rear top mounting point. I have SW Motech carriers and the use two point at the top side and these frames are pretty stable. On the website there's a pdf to show the mounting points if you are interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have the SW Motech frames, they are incompatible with a top box mount. There will be a cross member support between the side frames to give better lateral support instead of a 3rd mount point. The frames will be compatible with the ventura top box/packrack frames which can take a Givi universal adapter plate. This allows for a full set of Givi Dolomiti hard luggage.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks, I have the SW Motech frames, they are incompatible with a top box mount. There will be a cross member support between the side frames to give better lateral support instead of a 3rd mount point. The frames will be compatible with the ventura top box/packrack frames which can take a Givi universal adapter plate. This allows for a full set of Givi Dolomiti hard luggage.
Oké so I guess you are planning on using the existing other mounting points to mount the top box carrier to.
BTW I really love the grey 3d image of the Scrambler 1100. Any chance you could post some pics of that from several angles without the luggage racks?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Love the Shape stevemiguel
But i'm going to use soft bags. I'm afraid they wouldnt work with racks like yours

1 - 9 of 9 Posts