Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’m having a scrambler classic 2015 model and having startup matter after the bike get warmed up. It is quite easy to start up when my bike in cool down situation, but after I ride it a while and start it up again, it needs to take longer time then usual. May I know what kind of matter will it be? I changed the new battery just few months ago

best

William

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not that many then.
It could be a couple of issues. One is vapor lock when hot. Next time it won't start try undoing the fuel cap before you try to start the bike again.
An issue Triumphs have is that is the bushes in the starter motor wear prematurely and the bike will not start when hot but will when its cooled down. Generally this is with higher mileage bikes than yours but it could be worth pulling the starter motor apart to check if nothing else works.
The battery is of course worth a look. Was this happening with the old battery? If not the new battery may be breaking down under load when hot. It should be under warranty if that is the case.
If it is none of these obvious type things you may have to get somebody to plug the bike into an ODB2 reader and read the fault codes. I'm not sure the codes are available third party for the Scrambler but a Ducati dealer will definitely be able to do that. The fault codes should show something if there is an electrical problem or a problem with the fuel pump or injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that many then.
It could be a couple of issues. One is vapor lock when hot. Next time it won't start try undoing the fuel cap before you try to start the bike again.
An issue Triumphs have is that is the bushes in the starter motor wear prematurely and the bike will not start when hot but will when its cooled down. Generally this is with higher mileage bikes than yours but it could be worth pulling the starter motor apart to check if nothing else works.
The battery is of course worth a look. Was this happening with the old battery? If not the new battery may be breaking down under load when hot. It should be under warranty if that is the case.
If it is none of these obvious type things you may have to get somebody to plug the bike into an ODB2 reader and read the fault codes. I'm not sure the codes are available third party for the Scrambler but a Ducati dealer will definitely be able to do that. The fault codes should show something if there is an electrical problem or a problem with the fuel pump or injectors.
thank you for your advice, will have a look of those🙏🙏

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That's a tank breather problem, not vapor lock. Vapor lock hardly exists on fuel injected vehicles.

(Vapor lock is typically a problem for carbureted bikes, with fuel hoses running close to the cylinder head or other hot parts. Then the fuel evaporates and forms a gas bubble in the supply. Or worse, fuel evaporates in the float bowls.

On fuel injected bikes the fuel supply line(s) are purged as soon as you switch ignition on)

Anyway, doesn't it spin, or doesn't it run while it spins easily?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a tank breather problem, not vapor lock. Vapor lock hardly exists on fuel injected vehicles.

(Vapor lock is typically a problem for carbureted bikes, with fuel hoses running close to the cylinder head or other hot parts. Then the fuel evaporates and forms a gas bubble in the supply. Or worse, fuel evaporates in the float bowls.

On fuel injected bikes the fuel supply line(s) are purged as soon as you switch ignition on)

Anyway, doesn't it spin, or doesn't it run while it spins easily?
The starter could spin, just cannot startup promptly compared to when it’s in cool down situation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts