Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see why many folks may do this to get the gearing a bit higher. I do like the close ratio gear box but I even think it could be a bit on the higher side. I also wonder if you would need a speedometer healer after doing so.

If anyone has done either or both can you tell us your results? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Haven't done so yet, but I'm going to drop 2 teeth from the rear when the time is right. The stock gearing is a little short for my liking.

Need to get this exhaust and suspension sorted out first.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I can see why many folks may do this to get the gearing a bit higher. I do like the close ratio gear box but I even think it could be a bit on the higher side. I also wonder if you would need a speedometer healer after doing so.

The speedo takes it's signal from the ABS sensor, therefor no re-calibration needed for gearing change.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stupid question maybe, when taking the rear wheel off does the number plate holder have to be removed first? or is there enough room for the wheel to pass it?

·
Registered
564 Posts

nuttynick has changed the rear sprocket.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've changed my sprocket to 44t @£28 it's a simple mod. Bike is still as nippy just a bit more relaxed in each gear giving about 85mph @6000 rpm in top gear. In retrospect I should've shortened the chain by 1 link as adjusters are right back but that's a job for next time it rains

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can't answer the number plate bracket question, as I'd made my own tail tidy before I swapped my sprocket. As stated, the abs sensor reads the speed for you, so no issue there ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts