Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

New Scrambler owner here. I tried searching the forums and looked at several pictures. I was wondering if anyone installed Hepco & Becker crash bars and Evotech engine guard together? I would like to have both these items on my bike but wondered if I'll run into installation difficluties? What you guys think?

Here are a couple of links from the sellers websites for the pictures and references etc.:

Crash Bars: Hepco & Becker Engine Guard for Ducati Scrambler
Engine guard/bash plate: Ducati Scrambler Classic Engine Guard Protector 2015+

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will TOFTT. I am going to try Hepco + Becker and Evotech setup but it will take me few weeks. I will report back with the pictures perhaps. Just ordered the engine crash bars from Moto Machines in VA.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My Scrambler Icon is on my way home and already have the Hepco & Becker crash bars and Evotech engine guard at home. As per the pictures it you fit, if not will have to trim the Evotech engine guard.
Keep us posted.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is awesome. Please post pics of your Scrambler when you get it. Today I ordered Hepco & Becker crash bars, R&G bar ends and rear axle spools. Expecting them to arrive this Saturday. I'll share the progress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes I did. You need to install crash bars first then the bash plate, The plate will have to be bent to fit outside the crossover bar. No problem with bolts lining up on plate + easy to remove plate for filter change

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I finished installing Hepco & Becker crash bars and R&G bar ends and rear wheel spools. Pictures to follow soon.
Hepco & Becker crash bar have 2-3mm of play on the right hand side which I am not liking. May be help of a friend to hold the bars and torque the bolts again will help. Does anyone know if these crash bar properly snug where the bottom middle connector is?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I already installed Hepco & Becker crash bars and Evotech bash plate on my 2018 Icon, no problem installing both of them, it will not interfere.
I will post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good, and many thanks. We will appreciate the photos. I still have not ordered the Evotech bash plate for my bike. I do have pictures of the Hepco & Becker Crash Bars which I will upload in a few hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which skid plate is this? Looks rather strong and beefy. Could you please share link to the product/vendor?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the GIVI crash bars to fit this weekend and some R&G swingarm and fork protectors. It came with the Ducati bash plate. I have looked carefully at the installation and concluded that where the bars join, behind the header seems rather close. In the event of an accident I hope there will be limited damage there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts