Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it comes with side panels. I am just wondering how they feel.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The links are above in first message. You would have to order it. ;-)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I just ordered the Tracker seat for my Desert Sled (Desert Tracker??), will update you once I have it...

61915982-6BFF-4252-95A4-ECF064050B44.jpeg

Really hoping this seat is firmer and flatter than the seats I currently have. Both the stock and the Comfort seat are just too soft and have a dip...

Ps, got it at astroscrambler.com

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yes no. The Sled is no enduro bike.

This seat is lower, even at the rear, than the stock or the comfort seat. I don’t think I’ll notice.

And to be honest, I never take it offroad anyway... => although the suspension is pretty forgiving I don’t consider the DS really offroad capable. The seat to bar distance is way too long for me for any serious offroad. You can’t slide forward. Tank’s in the way.

And the average gravel road I can do sitting down.

Call it tracker style ;-)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
So, just rode into work and took a detour. What a difference. There were two things I didn't like about the stock seat, and to some extend about the comfort seat as well. First, they have a dip, which forces you in a certain position. This feels good at first, but after a while when you want to move around a bit, you can't. The dip is less noticeable on the comfort seat, but it's still there. Second, it's too soft. Again, initially this feel comfortable, but because it is so soft (both seats by the way) after a while you feel the seat pushing in your crack (excuse my English) and against your tailbone. Exaggerated by the fact that they are round shaped left to right. So you're sitting on you crack instead of you bum bones.

Now, the NitroHeads seat. It's firm, it's flatter, it doesn't push against your tailbone -at all-. The slope it just right for me. It doesn't push me forward, neither is the front too high. On the Ducati seats you feel the seat pushing back against your ugghm scrotum when you slide forward. Really unpleasant on longer rides, or when it's warm. When you sit close to the tank on the NitroHeads seat you just sit close to the tank.

Seat height. This seat is lower than the comfort seat I've been using the past few months. But because it's firm, the difference is smaller than expected. I don't notice it in my knees. I did lower my bars by 10mm and they feel nearly the same as they were before.

Is this new seat perfect? Nearly. I have to take it on a day long ride yet, so finger crossed. About the only thing they could have done better is the fact that this seat is NOT waterproof. The black top surface is made of some perforated vinyl/pleather. Very comfy, and the right grippyness. May even offer some ventilation on hot days. But it will soak up water in prolonged wet rides. I'm fortunate to live in SoCal, so I don't care, but if you live in the UK you have to choose a different model. I believe this only applies to the Tracker seat.

verdict: 9/10

mandatory pics:
IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_E3701.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

I deliberately chose red btw to break the lines of the Scrambler, and also blacked out the silver swoosh under the seat

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oooo MY.. I Just LOOOVE the parking space with lockers up front. So you actually store your helmets and other motorcycle stuff in there?! Sorry, just caught my eyes.

Back to your seat, glad you like it. I'll consider getting it for my Classico. :)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yeah I feel privileged with that bike parking at my work. I don’t even take the key out let alone lock it. Don’t need to.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool! Dang, wish we have that in SF. I suppose we do but dunno where. Nice of LA having that.

Just one thing, the bike can do dirt stuff, it feels very much a dirtbike after I was demo'ing it. I love it anyway.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
[...]

Just one thing, the bike can do dirt stuff, it feels very much a dirtbike after I was demo'ing it. I love it anyway.
Suspension wise, agreed. The rider position however....:crushed: I love it on the street, very hooligan. It will do rutted, potholed gravel roads roads fine. But for offroad, you can't slide forward enough to load front wheel for instance. (and besides, it's still around 450lbs...)

A Hypermotard with appropriate wheels and decent suspension travel would be much better ergo wise I guess. Hmmm I feel a special being born....Marry a DS front end to a Hypermotard?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, the weight can be a hindrance. What if you change stock handlebars to taller handlebars? Would that help?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To add, @max cool, your description of stock seat and aftermarket seat was really clear and descriptive. It helps me understand. I loathe sitting on my tailbone. Been wanting a seat that let me sit on hipbone without any force on my tailbone. Hard to find though.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Little update about the Nitroheads seat after a 4 hour long ride with lots of city traffic:

Really, really good! Nice and firm, and your ass doesn't get numb after a few hours. I wish I had known this when I bought my DS then I never would have bought the comfort seat. A waste of money if you're looking for a better seat.

An added benefit of a firmer seat: you feel much better what the bike is doing. Even while the suspension is relatively comfortable on the DS, I can now feel what the rear tire is doing instead of sitting on a big mushy sponge.

Few pics that show the weave...

IMG_3823.jpg
IMG_3826.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts