Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some physical problems with my left leg since an operation in 2019. I tried having a push button quick shifter fitted at great expense but couldn’t really get on with it. So with great reluctance I have decided to sell.
Ducati Manchester in the U.K. are trying to sell it for me if anyone would like to see the advert.
I now run Honda NC750X DCT (auto gearbox for those who don’t know).
I have enjoyed being part of the forum and will keep coming back to look.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Good luck with the sale mate. Sorry to hear the Ducati has to go, but hey… you're still riding so not all bad :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have had some physical problems with my left leg since an operation in 2019. I tried having a push button quick shifter fitted at great expense but couldn’t really get on with it. So with great reluctance I have decided to sell.
Ducati Manchester in the U.K. are trying to sell it for me if anyone would like to see the advert.
I now run Honda NC750X DCT (auto gearbox for those who don’t know).
I have enjoyed being part of the forum and will keep coming back to look.
That's a real shame. Esspecially after all you did to it. Good to see you are still be riding though! Good luck and hope you have lots of great miles on the Honda.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your kind comments, I’ll still be lurking on here.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went out on my Honda today first time since the beginning of COVID-19. It’s a great bike but no Ducati. Ah well beggars can’t be choosers got to live life in the slower lane now.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Went out on my Honda today first time since the beginning of COVID-19. It’s a great bike but no Ducati. Ah well beggars can’t be choosers got to live life in the slower lane now.
Maybe if you mod it a little bit...😉

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yeah it’s already got a Fuel end can and I’ve removed the baffle, but that’s it no HP gains I’ll have to stick with 54bhp.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Oh yeah it’s already got a Fuel end can and I’ve removed the baffle, but that’s it no HP gains I’ll have to stick with 54bhp.
Very nice! A nice end can always does a lot for the riding experience imo.
54 bhp is plenty of power to have some fun. I' ve had a break from real motorcycling of 4 years before I got the 800 and later 1100 Scrambler and rode an Aprilia Scarabeo 250 i..e. motorscooter with 21 bhp and this still gave me loads of fun. And that thing had trouble reaching 130 km/h with me on it.😅 Still in the city I left plenty of cars for death at the lights🛵

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you Gasman; age, arthritis, balance issues and am seriously considering the Honda Rebel 1100 DCT as my next bike. It's (ugh, shudder) a cruiser, but it can be modified and has a version of the Africa Twin engine (90 HP) so there's plenty of fun to be had. And it has real cruise control what they like to call an "electronic suite" these days - mainly that's an IMU for cornering ABS and wheelie (fat chance of that) control. Keep that one in mind if the NC750 is too dull.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts